Putting all your text and graphic elements together into a cohesive and attractive final document is what InDesign CS6 is all about. Let Adobe Certified Expert trainer and Graphic Design Pro Mark Gatter show you how.
Mark kicks things off by showing you the ins and outs of Text Wrapping in InDesign CS6. You'll learn how to set your objects to both follow—but sometimes ignore—the text wrapping rules for a smooth, seamless flow. Mark helps you avoid common typographical problems to ensure that your documents always have that sharp, professional edge.
Next, you’ll explore some of the basic effects that InDesign has to offer, such as Drop Shadows, Bevel and Emboss effects, just to name a few. With Mark’s “voice of experience” at your side, you’ll also learn how to apply multiple complex effects while keeping them convincing and realistic with careful attention to Global Lighting settings.
Mark also shares numerous expert techniques on streamlining your workflow. Among other valuable tips, he shows you how to save and reuse your effects using Object Styles as well as how to create multiple page numbering systems in a single document!
Mark finishes by going over the optimal settings for producing high quality PDFs, whether it's for online viewing, desktop printing or even commercial offset printing. By following Mark’s clear and thorough instructions, you’ll soon have the knowledge and confidence to produce superior work, on time and on budget!
Table of contents:
1. The Text Wrap Panel
2. Applying and Ignoring a Text Wrap
3. Applying Text Wraps Across Text Columns
4. Text Frame Options
5. Editing and Using the Keyboard Nudge
6. Basic Special Effects: Transparency
7. Basic Special Effects: Drop Shadow
8. Basic Special Effects: Bevel and Emboss
9. Basic Special Effects: Basic and Directional Feather
10. Global Lighting for Multiple Effects
11. Saving Effects with Object Styles
12. The Eyedropper Tool
13. Applying Corner Effects
14. Numbering and Section Options
15. Creating a PDF: The Presets
16. Creating a PDF for Screen View - Part 1
17. Creating a PDF for Screen View - Part 2
18. Creating a PDF for Screen and Desktop Printing - Pa...
19. Creating a PDF for Screen and Desktop Printing - Pa...
20. Creating a PDF for Commercial Printing - Part 1
21. Creating a PDF for Commercial Printing - Part 2
22. Previewing PDFs Before Final Printing