Features available on the Indian Railways Enquiry App:
• PNR Status Enquiry / Inquiry
• Seat Availability Information
• List of Trains Running Between the Stations
• Trains arriving and departing on a particular station
• Fare Enquiry
• Train Schedule or Train Time Table
• Spot Your Train or Track Running Status
Some new features added:
1. Premium Special trains added for the convenience of travellers
2. You can search for passenger amenities like; Hospitals, Hotels, Bars and Restaurants and ATMs, near any railway station.
3. Seat Map/Berth Layout for various types of passenger classes added.
4. Easy-to-use UI to enquire about seat/berth availability, fare and train schedule.
5. Spot your train location on Map now
6. Current Booking availability at a particular station
7. Option to search for trains going up or down at a station - a special feature for local daily up downers.
8. Ease of search for frequent travelers
9. EMU / DEMU / Passenger trains added
10. Nearby Station amenities coming soon
11. Railways rules for baggage etc added
The functions offered by the app are as follows:
PNR STATUS ENQUIRY/ INQUIRY: All reservations done on the Indian Rail receive a unique PNR identification. This can be used to track reservation status of the passengers in case of wait-listed tickets along with chart status. Our PNR status facility provides the fastest connectivity to the Indian Railway servers and information regarding reservation status is instantaneously provided to the users.
SEAT AVAILABILITY: Indian Railway has a vast no of users vying to get reservations on various trains for their journey across the vast network of Bhartiya Rail. The user of this app can check whether reservation is available on a particular train for a particular class of seat on a particular date. Again using our state of the art connectivity algorithm the user is provided this information almost instantaneously. Then user can use IRCTC site for bookings e-tickets or IRCTC other applications. Information on berth availability, seat availability is provided here.
TRAINS BETWEEN STATIONS: Sometimes we need to find out which all trains are running between two stations. The app provides an excellent interface for this function. It also gives additional information such as the classes of travel available in the train and also the day of week on which the train runs.
LIVE STATIONS: This feature has been specially incorporated keeping in view the needs of daily travelers. Herein you get information on all the trains, arriving or departing from a particular station within the next 2/4/6/8 hrs. Helps local up-downers with trains departing from the station, even Mumbai local train, EMU arrival departure is shown.
FARE ENQUIRY: This feature of the app provides information on the fare the passenger needs to pay for the journey. The user needs to input the train name/no, source and destination stations and the class of travel - in response the system provides a list trains travelling between the 2 stations and on choosing a train, the user gets the fare information.
TRAIN SCHEDULE: This feature of the app is designed to provide the scheduled route of any train chosen by the user. The user needs to either enter train no or name and the system provides the full route information, train time table, including all halting stations with arrival and departure timings.
SPOT YOUR TRAIN: This App feature provides current running status of any train by just entering the train no/name. This system provides information on delay (if any) of the train and also the current location of the train apart from ETA that is expected time of arrival.
ETA shown instead of STA in Live Station Option
ver 4.2: new features added:
1. Track Running Trains on Map
2. Favourites feature added to get to the frequently used information quickly
3. Get information on available seats/berths after preparation of charts at any station