InertialNav App Lite is an attitude estimator/indicator, with the following instruments:
- artificial horizon / gyro attitude indicator,
- compass (magnetic)
- speed meter (groundspeed, vertical speed)
A HUD mode allows using the application for augmented reality.
Real-time measurements and estimations can be exported to a text file for post-processing (e.g. into MATLAB, SciLab or Octave). Note: the Pro version allows sending those data through WiFi.
** IMPORTANT ** : depending on your device, please consider going through the covariance settings for best estimation of the attitude! The EKF may disregard the measurements if deemed unreliable. If YOU THINK the app does not use the gyroscopes, please CHECK the variance settings for the gyroscopes.
For best performances, accelerometers, gyroscopes and magnetometers must all be present on the device.
Optional requirements: GPS, camera. (HeadUp Display will only be available when a camera is available)
NOTE ABOUT THE FULL VERSION:
The full version of this app includes:
- 3D gyro compass,
- transmission of data (acceleration, gyro, etc.) over wifi,
- improved estimation of the vertical speed with GPS measurements included in the Kalman filtering*,
- improved estimation of heading in magnetic perturbed environments,
- estimation of the position and velocity,
- ground track tool,
- Google Map inclusion,
- layout selection (landscape, portrait, multiple panes),
- dashboard to display current data values,
- multiple panes display on large devices,
- and many more...
* In the lite version, position data comes from GPS measurements only. Furthermore, the vertical speed is calculated from GPS measurements and can thus only be of limited accuracy.
The application is provided as-is, without any warranty. The application is not certified for navigation purposes by any agency or organisation.
If you find bugs, please report by email. Thanks!
Tested on Samsung Galaxy S2.
Add Layout selection (Portrait, Landscape)
Add pitch biais option.
Improve performance and accuracy.
Thanks for reporting bugs.