InstaCamera is the quickest way to take a photo with your phone.
There's no long process: just press the widget and it takes a photo, then closes just as quickly.
## Why should I pay for this when there's a free version?
* This one's quicker. Like, seriously 'turbo computer-brains Skynet' quicker
* There are no ads
* You can choose the folder your images get saved in
* Because you want to say "awesome!" with money
## Why is it so awesome?
InstaCamera is perfect for when you want to take a photo but there's tons of pesky seals and squirrels and dogs around who you KNOW are gonna pop up in front to spoil the shot. And then they're all, 'oh, I was smelling something' but really they're jealous of your Android phone and opposable thumbs and want to ruin your whole day with their stupid faces. But you've got a super-fast camera app, so you've snapped a photo before they've even decided which face to pull. Take that, nature!
Even though the app is super-simple, you can change how it works. Open the settings (the wrench icon on the widget) and you can make these adjustments:
* choose the folder your photos get saved in
* take multiple shots in a row (up to five)
* mute the shutter sound
* turn the "Image Saved" confirmation off
* change the photo resolution (default is max)
* set the focus mode (including fixed, infinite, auto and macro focus modes)
* set the shutter delay (from not-even-focusing to two seconds) in case your camera hardware needs extra time
* stay in camera mode after taking instant photos (then you touch the screen to take more, and back button to quit)
There are two widgets: the 1x1, which is just the camera button, and the 2x1, which has a camera button and a settings button.
We got it down to three permissions in this version:
Storage: the app needs to save photos on your phone.
Hardware controls: the app needs to access the camera.
Wakelock: the app needs enough time to save your photo if you turn the screen off before it's 100% done. (Not the scary, battery-draining kind of wakelock. The cool kind that's chilled out.)
Note: there's also a Google thing called Check License which doesn't show up in the permission screen, but it's in the app. It pings the Market every once in a while and says the app is legit.
If you like it or don't like it, say why in your review comment. That way we can make it better instead of just being sad and grumpy and trying one more time to get all the stars on Angry Birds but why doesn't it shoot in the right place, the stupid thing!?!? We made this app because it's slightly more awesome than what's out there already, so if you can use your words then it'll be better next time, we promise.
- Improved saving service to fix issue where images would sometimes not save
- Added new widget icon colours - black, white, green, and blue
- Added new configuration option: "Notify when photo saved"
- Fixed anti-pirate issue affecting paying users