Iowa 511 Trucker is the Iowa Department of Transportation's (DOT) official traffic and traveler information app for commercial vehicle operators. The Iowa 511 Trucker app provides statewide up-to-date traffic information for interstates, U.S. routes and state highways in Iowa. It does not include information for county roads or city streets.
• Hands-free, eyes-free audio notifications of traffic events while you drive
• A zoom-enabled map with selectable traffic event icons and surrounding camera views
• Near real-time updates on winter road conditions, truck restrictions, traffic incidents, construction, and road closures
• Commercial vehicle restriction information
• Travel time delays associated with traffic reports (look for the orange glowing icons)
• Current traffic speeds
• Traffic camera images and streaming video
• Towing prohibited (tow ban) events for winter storms
• Citizen reports via Waze
• Weigh station locations
• Electronic roadway sign messages
• Highway rest area locations
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of their vehicle. While traveling, mobile communication devices should be used only when the motor vehicle is at a complete stop off the traveled portion of the roadway. Do not text and drive (it's against the law) or use this app while driving.
We welcome your feedback on this app. Please send your suggestions, questions or concerns in an email to [email protected]
App developed by Castle Rock Associates http://www.crc-corp.com
• You can now see plow camera images in your saved route event list under "Your 511"
• Modified the size of arrows along detour routes
• Squashed a couple of minor bugs