Iowa 511 is the Iowa Department of Transportation's (DOT) official traffic and traveler information app. The Iowa 511 app provides statewide real-time traffic information for interstates, U.S. routes and state highways in Iowa. It does not include information for county roads or city streets. Other available information includes:
• A zoom-enabled map with traffic event icons that can be selected.
• Real-time updates on winter road conditions, traffic incidents, road work, construction, and road closures.
• Current traffic speeds and closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images in select cities (Ames, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Iowa City, Quad Cities, Sioux City, and Waterloo) and across the state.
• Electronic roadway sign messages.
• Highway rest area locations.
The primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of his/her vehicle. Iowa law prohibits all persons from using a handheld electronic communication device to write, send or read a text message while driving a motor vehicle. Teen drivers with restricted licenses are prohibited from using any electronic communication or entertainment device while driving. While traveling, mobile communication devices should be used only when the motor vehicle is at a complete stop off the traveled portion of the roadway. Do not text and drive (it's the law) or use this app while driving.
We welcome your feedback on this app. Please send your suggestions, questions or bugs in an email to [email protected]
App developed by Castle Rock Associates http://www.crc-corp.com/
• Added a new layer option – Waze reports. Now you can see reports from citizens using the Waze app (www.waze.com) that might impact your traffic. These are unverified by the DOT.