Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
In today's way of living, our thoughts always try to wander from one thing to another rather than staying in the present moment. Because we are not completely aware of our thoughts, they wander in an unrestricted way. Buddha advocated that one should establish mindfulness (satipaṭṭhāna) in one's day-to-day life, maintaining as much as possible a calm awareness of one's body, feelings, mind, and dharmas.
With this Mindfulness Timer, you will be reminded throughout the day
- While you are at the computer to take a few deep breaths
- Sit up straight
- Take a break
- Be mindful
- Do a stretch
- Take a walk
or whatever you may find helpful to stay mindful in present.
Other features includes
- Set Start & End Time for the Mindfulness Activity/Meditation
- Set Interval at which the Bell rings
- Multiple Reminder Audio, Vibration as well as Notification
- Options to disable them while In Call, Listening Music or Silent mode
- Popup Screen to view the wallpaper or the message at Interval
This Mindfulness Timer is truly useful for those who need to focus their mind in the present rather then wandering about past or future and hence to achieve Mindfulness.
- Resolved bug of TimePicker for Android 4.0
- Support for Tablets