IPSOS Assistant is the prototype and demonstrative spp developed as part of the IPSOS Research Project conducted at University of Bergamo, italy.
IPSOS is the acronym for "Indoor Personal SOS", The goal of the project is to develop a prototype system for "Indoor Emergency Response". The system exploits the social contribution of people that have the app installed, in order to deal with several types of emergency, both personal and environmental.
Current key functionalities:
• Send and Receive Indoor Alarm
• Require support to other nearby users
• Indoor maps with points of interest on it (like fire extinguishers, emergency exits, phone, windows etc..)
• Change state of every registered point of intrest: every user in the area receive updated information
At the moment the app is published, the only available indoor maps are related to some malls in Bergamo area, i.e.,
Orio Center (Orio al Serio - BG) and Centro commerciale di Curno (Curno - BG).
• Automated floor detection and floor change during indoor navigation.
• Sending of further information on the emergency after the main SOS, and the subsequent update of the users' informations.
• Use of custom map.
For the correct working of the application, the Location Service must be available, or no emergencies will be detected. For better positioning peformance, WiFi must be on.
This application is only for research purpose, and it's published to gather users' feedback.
This app is only a demo: it doesn't reflect the quality of of the finished product.
There could be malfunctions and disruptions during its use.
We assume no responsability for damage to persons or property derived from the use of this application.