Before leaving a bad rate, please check F.A.Q. here: http://www.thinksoft.it/android/iPulse/manual/ipulse-user-manual.htm#FAQ
and write us an e-mail to [email protected]
, we always try to answer and help everybody. Thank you!
iPulse is an application that let you pulse the data connection (and WiFi in pro version) depending on several configurable events.
Extremely useful to awake services that needs internet connection (e.g. push mail) without necessity to keep it always on, thus reducing greatly the battery usage.
iPulse can ignore the connection status, operate in manual mode for connection always on, connection always off (as a standard connection on/off manager) or in a totally automatic mode, driven by events. The different operating modes can be switched using widgets and/or commands in the notification area (Android >= 4.1).
The configurable events that can activate the data connection (and WiFi in pro version) are:
• Timer (frequency, duration, and daily range)
• Screen on and unlocked (with optional delayed timeout)
• Battery charge (AC or USB)
The configurable events that can deactivate the data connection (and WiFi in pro version) are:
• Expire of scheduled timer
• Screen off (with optional delayed timeout)
• Low battery signal (ignored when battery is in charge)
iPulse works on any Android device version starting from 2.3 (Gingerbread) and doesn't requires device ROOT. It is available in English and Italian.
• Since dual SIM support is not standard in Android, it could be that iPulse won't work properly on dual SIM devices
• More info about the programmability are present into the online instructions available inside the program
• The first time you install it don’t forget to run the app and accept the EULA to properly configure and enable it
• It is available a "Pro" version capable to manage the WiFi connection and the list of apps that will maintain the connection active when the screen is off. If you find iPulse useful or you would like to support the developers, please consider to buy the "Pro" version!
The following permissions are required:
• RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: to be able to start automatically after booting the device (if selected)
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to check if an internet connection is already active
• CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE: to switch on and off the data connection
• WAKE_LOCK: to ensure that the CPU is awake only for the minimum time necessary to execute the planned operation
Keywords and Tags: without root, data sync, data connection, data on/off, WiFi on/off, battery save, schedule, screen unlock, connection manager, 3G, WiFi, battery low, widget, notification
- Fix bug: resources optimization for low resolution devices
- Feature: possibility to select timer event duration in minutes (default) or seconds
Full history here: http://www.thinksoft.it/en/iPulseHistory.html