We're running IQarium blog now! Check it out at http://doozerslab.wordpress.com
You can find complete user's guide there. Good reading.
PLEASE NOTE! This app requires MODBUS-TCP compatible device e.g. PLC controller, however It works without PLC, so you can try how it feel to have it.
IQarium is the first release of the simplest SCADA ever made. I'm running it to control my own home PLC controller used for home automation. It's using MODBUS TCP protocol for communication with PLC. It has very simple but fully customizable user interface based on Android ListView class. So you can assign your own circuit name to the PLC output.
There are more features:
- the content of the ListView is defined in the XML file, so you can create or modify it according to your needs. The xml file is self explanatory, so you can read it from /mb/default.xml file in your external storage.
- you can assign predefined icons for each of the ListView row and group them in sections. Drop me an email and I'll tell you how
- there are no any annoying "are you sure .." questions when connecting to MODBUS Master what so ever
- it is using UTF-8 char encoding, so I bet your Native Language will be supported (see screenshots)
- NOTE: it has minimal syntax check of XML file, so please be patient, it will be changed according to your feedback
- NOTE: it can control max. 256 outputs of your PLC starting from any address in range of 0 to 65535
IQarium uses minimal required privileges, which includes access to external storage (used for reading and writing XML IQarium config file) and access to internet (used for connection with PLC)
- bug fixes
- analytics added
- adding swipe item for registry controll
- bug fix with coil status refresh
- read/write Holding Registers implemented
- fixed bug related to color of the selected item
- opening the blog page by clicking URL at About dialog
- "Read Only" and "Group" items are not click-able anymore
- changed main options menu
- added version number in About dialog