Cisco Jabber™ for Android is a collaboration application that provides presence, instant messaging (IM), voice, voice messaging, and video calling capabilities on Android phone devices. Escalate your Jabber calls into multi-party conferencing with Cisco WebEx® Meetings. This integrated collaboration experience works with both on premise and cloud-based collaboration architectures.
This application supports the following capabilities:
• Integrated voice
• High-quality video with interoperability to Cisco TelePresence and other video endpoints
• IM, presence
• Visual voicemail
• One-tap escalation to WebEx meetings (cross-launches the Cisco WebEx® Meetings application)
• Notification for Jabber IM users: Cisco Jabber for Android is a replacement for Cisco Jabber IM for Android. This application contains all the capabilities provided by the Jabber IM client and adds numerous new collaboration features to your experience.
• Notification for Jabber Voice users: Prior to migrating from Cisco Jabber Voice for Android, check with your administrator to ensure that your infrastructure configuration is supported by Cisco Jabber for Android. Also, when migrating, make sure to REMOVE the Jabber Voice app to avoid conflicts with your Jabber accounts.
Device and Operating System Requirements:
Cisco Jabber for Android Release 9.6 is supported on the following devices and Android OS combinations officially. (Refer to Release notes for more details and any potential updates):
• Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Google Nexus 5 (Android OS 4.4)
• Sony Xperia Z1 (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
• Sony Xperia ZR/A (Android OS 4.1.2 or above)
Device Support notification: Please note Cisco Jabber does not support ART runtime in Android 4.4 and cannot be downloaded to Android phones with Intel chipsets, low resolution screen phones(lower than 320*480), and Android tablets.
For more information about Cisco Jabber, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/jabber
IMPORTANT: If connecting to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, administrators must enable the correct Cisco Jabber for Android configurations, or proper connectivity will not be established. For details, review the Cisco Jabber for Android 9.6 Installation and Configuration Guide, and Server Setup Guide.
IMPORTANT: Most of the features described above are specific to a particular system configuration. Please check with your IT administrator to determine the specific features that are available to you.
Portions of Cisco Jabber are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), and are “Copyright © 1999 Erik Walthinsen [email protected]
”. You may obtain a copy of the LGPL license at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html.
Cisco, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Jabber are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. Copyright © 2013 - 2014 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Consult the Cisco Support Forums at http://supportforums.cisco.com if you encounter issues with unsupported devices.
- Show personal presence in the Notification Center when running in the background
- User experience improvements, including improved in-product notification to help users transition from legacy clients (Cisco Jabber IM for Android and Cisco Jabber Voice for Android) to Cisco Jabber for Android.
- Stability improvements