Cisco Jabber™ for Android is a collaboration application that provides presence, instant messaging (IM), voice, voice messaging, and video calling capabilities on Android phone devices. Escalate your Jabber calls into multi-party conferencing with Cisco WebEx® Meetings. This integrated collaboration experience works with both on premise and cloud-based collaboration architectures.
This application supports the following capabilities:
• Integrated voice
• High-quality video with interoperability to Cisco TelePresence and other video endpoints
• IM, presence
• Visual voicemail
• One-tap escalation to WebEx meetings (cross-launches the Cisco WebEx® Meetings application)
Device and Operating System Requirements:
Cisco Jabber for Android Release 10.5 is supported on the following smartphones and tablets with Android OS combinations officially. (Refer to Release notes for more details and any potential updates):
• Samsung Galaxy SII (Android OS 4.1.2 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Samsung Galaxy SIII (Android OS 4.1.2 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android OS 4.2.2 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (Android OS 4.2.2 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android OS 4.4.x)
• Samsung Galaxy Note II (Android OS 4.2 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Samsung Galaxy Note III (Android OS 4.3 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (Android OS 4.2.2 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (Android OS 4.4.x)
• Google Nexus 5 (Android OS 4.4.x)
• Google Nexus 10 (Android OS 4.4.x)
• Sony Xperia Z1 (Android OS 4.2 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Sony Xperia ZR/A (Android OS 4.1.2 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Sony Xperia Z2 (Android OS 4.4.x)
• Sony Xperia M2 (Android OS 4.3)
• LG G2 (Android OS 4.2.2 to Android OS 4.4 latest)
• Motorola Moto G (Android OS 4.4.x)
For more information about Cisco Jabber, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/jabber
IMPORTANT: Customers taking advantage of the Single Sign On (SSO) functionality on WebEx Messenger and deploying Client Certificate-based Authentication to Android devices through a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution may need to deploy / upgrade to the Jabber for Android 10.5 release utilizing the URL configuration option. Please refer to the Jabber for Android release notes for more information.
IMPORTANT: Cisco Jabber IM for Android has been rebranded to Cisco Jabber for Android. Cisco Jabber IM for Android users can use this latest version for their chat needs. NOTE: Prior to migrating from Jabber Voice for Android, check with your administrator to ensure that your infrastructure configuration is supported by the latest Jabber for Android release. Also, when migrating, make sure to REMOVE the Jabber Voice app to avoid conflicts with your Jabber accounts.
IMPORTANT: If connecting to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, administrators must enable the correct Cisco Jabber for Android configurations, or proper connectivity will not be established. For details, review the Cisco Jabber Installation and Configuration Guide.
IMPORTANT: Most of the features described above are specific to a particular system configuration. Please check with your IT administrator to determine the specific features that are available to you.
Portions of Cisco Jabber are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), and are “Copyright © 1999 Erik Walthinsen [email protected]
”. You may obtain a copy of the LGPL license at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html.
Cisco, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Jabber are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. Copyright © 2013 - 2014 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Consult the Cisco Support Forums at http://supportforums.cisco.com if you encounter issues with unsupported devices.
- SAML Single Sign On (SSO)
- Phone-only mode
- Brand new look and feel
- Expended Android device support
- Android tablet user interface adaption
- Android runtime support
- Hold/resume active calls on a shared line
- Ability to receive hunt group calls
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service integration
- Ability to reset Cisco Jabber
- User experience enhancement
- Stability improvement