We all know that texting and driving is dangerous.
Many cars have the ability to read your text to you. But very few have the ability to RESPOND. Have you ever wished you had someone who could send back a quick text that told the sender you'd love to chat but it's not safe while your driving?
Jeeves is your personal texting assistant. He sits quietly in the background, waiting to act as your personal texting assistant. When he sees you are driving he quickly responds to the sender that you are currently driving and will respond when you can safely. He works with your stock messaging app, and others like textra (or Handcent with 1 small setting change), so no need to learn a lot of new settings. Just install him, and forget about him till your friends ooh and ahh!!
Jeeves, utilizes very few resources. He sleeps quietly on your phone, and only wakes by the combination of a speed >2MPH and an incoming SMS. Once awake he quickly does his job and then hits the snooze button again.
***for this reason GPS MUST BE ON FOR JEEVES TO FUNCTION ***
THIS IS THE LITE VERSION OF OUR PAID APP. YOU MUST TURN IT OFF/ON TO USE IT.
THE PAID VERSION REMOVES THIS RESTRICTION BUT REQUIRES A BLUETOOTH CONNECTION.
PLEASE TRY THIS VERSION FIRST IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS IT WILL WORK WITH YOUR MESSAGING APP (GoSMS especially)
How to use JEEVES?
1. turn on GPS
2. install the program and choose ON
you will notice that the notification bar changes and now Jeeves shows he's working with a small steering wheel icon
3. that's it! Jeeves does all the rest.
4, Turn him off when you are done, or buy the full version to have him sleep/wake automatically.
Criteria for Jeeves to go to work:
1. you turn on Jeeves LITE when you want him to work
*PAID version turns itself on/off automatically (requires BT )
2. Moving >2MPH
3. incoming SMS (not MMS).
Handcent confirmed working but GoSms has had spotty performance.-See info below
1. If for some reason Jeeves doesn't wake up and respond, it's usually because your GPS signal is weak, or GPS somehow got turned off. He only looks for 10 secs for your speed in order to preserve battery and not get fired from his job. He also monitors your speed closely, so if a text comes in while at a stop light, he may not respond if you are sitting still. (but let's be honest, you use that time to check your phone anyway!)
2. Sometimes your phone gets blown-up with texts, and Jeeves feels the need to respond to every message. If Jeeves gets chatty (it's lonely in your phone). He can easily be put to sleep by sliding down the notification bar and giving him the thumbs down. To turn him back on later, you simply give him the thumbs up.
3. Handcent/GoSMS users see the pics above for changes to prefs to allow Jeeves to work with these apps. Handcent confirmed working but GoSms has had spotty performance. Many GoSMS testers say they got it working but it was a trial and error ordeal and GoSMS has not been receptive about fixing their issue.
** GPS isn't the drain that it once was for android phones. GPS stays on but doesn't poll until called by a program, using very little battery or resources. Jeeves does not call GPS unless SMS is received, and then only to detect movement & speed. After 10 seconds the GPS call is terminated. But, Jeeves will poll GPS every time a text is received, so it is important to turn him off (THUMBS DOWN in nitfication bar) when he's not needed.
SMS, auto responder, reply, don't text and drive, auto reply, car texting app,