Jet is a free chat program that allows you to send audio, photos and text messages (Not SMS).
Because Jet communicates via Google Cloud Messaging ...
*IF* your devices is running an Android version less than 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, then a Google Account must be configured on your device.
- e-mail: [email protected]
- Jet user: tuxjsmith
Install 'privacy' message explanation:
- Record audio, for sending audio messages.
- Adds and remove small temporary files momentarily when sending picture messages.
- Internet access, for sending and receiving messages.
Google Cloud Messaging:
- Find accounts on device.
- Prevents device from sleeping.
- Tests access to protect storage.
Note: when Jet first starts, a blank screen may momentarily appear while a local database is configured.
- Camera button :: take a photo and upload it to the chat room.
- Blog button :: create a new blog entry or edit existing entries.
- Photo blog button :: add description text to your photos.
You can delete a photo by selecting it from the Photo Blog window and tapping the delete button.
If you take a photo but don't have connection to the Internet then that photo will be saved to your device so you can upload it at a later time when you do have connection to the Internet, where It will be saved directly to your list of profile photos.
To upload a photo that has been saved to your device by Jet because you lost Internet connection:
- tap the Photo Blog button (third button on the top bar)
- tap the list (that says: Previous picture entries)
- selecting the photos date will display the photo.
- a message above the photo will state that that the photo has not been uploaded yet.
- tap the save button (floppy disk icon). this will upload the image to your list of photos.
If you tap a user's Icon from the chat room you will see their profile window. There are now three tabs on that window:
Profile :: ignore, silent, etc
Blog :: their blogs
Photos :: their list of photos
- Bug fixes.
- Help page now available from menu. It's very brief.
- Messages can be tagged. See the Help page for brief details.
- Channels can be 'watched'. See the Help page for brief details.
Jet uses Google Cloud Messaging to send and receive messages. This will save Internet usage for both your device and my servers and save your device's battery life.
If you have trouble running this new version please e-mail me at:[email protected]