JLPT Words is a helpful tool to learn the Japanese language and prepare for the JLPT exam by studying Japanese vocabulary. It contains a dictionary of over 8,000 words required for the exam across all 5 levels. The dictionary can be searched on using kanji, kana (hiragana/katakana), or romaji. You can filter the dictionary by JLPT levels and each word is colour coded according to its level.
Of course, you can use my app even if you don't study for the exam! It's perfect for vocabulary review and can help to memorize kanji.
It contains vocabulary for all levels - JLPT N1, JLPT N2, JLPT N3, JLPT N4 and JLPT N5.
From version 3.0.0, you can mark words as:
* favourite - you can choose to use only favourite words during the quiz,
* blocked - excluded from the quiz.
You can test yourself using a configurable quiz to learn the Japanese language quicker. The options allow you to select:
* JLPT level,
* whether use all words or favourite words only,
* English to Japanese or Japanese to English quiz,
* entry type: multiple choice using buttons or text entry,
* script used to display questions and answers (kanji, kana, romaji),
* number of questions,
* how learning progress is used to select words for questions.
The application tracks your learning progress and displays it against each word. To make your learning easier, words that you know less are selected more often for questions in the quiz. You can also filter the dictionary of words by learning progress and JLPT levels as well as hide and show translations.
Version 3.0.0 is supported on Android 2.3 and higher.
Vocabulary list is based on http://www.tanos.co.uk/jlpt/ (used with permission).
The application is ad supported.
JLPT Words uses Flurry (www.flurry.com) to gather anonymous statistics about the application usage, users' handset and country. No detailed information about location is gathered. The statistics help me to understand how the application is used and make it better.
* Redesigned and modernised UI.
* You can now mark words as favourite (you can choose to use only favourite words during the quiz) or blocked (excluded from the quiz).
* Added an option to skip questions during the quiz.
* Maximum number of questions in one quiz is now 1000.
* JLPT level is displayed during the quiz.
* Added a separate layout for tablets.
* Bug fixes.