Kanji Senpai will help you learn Japanese vocabulary and kanji.
By using a spaced repetition system (SRS) you can memorize the different aspects of each vocabulary: meaning, pronunciation, reading, listening, writing, etc.
Included it's the N5 level of the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) vocabulary list and you can download (for free!) all the levels (though N1).
Ah! This app assumes you've already mastered hiragana and katakana.
• Study several vocabulary aspects: reading, listening, writing, meaning and handwrite
• Answers are not so easy so you will really learn that the kanji for "person" is 人 (hito), no 八 (for example)
• Lists can be downloaded and upgraded
• You can a study a session without audio questions (in case you're in a public place with no headphones)
• There are vocabulary translations for English and Spanish
• You can create custom lists
If you are serious about learning Japanese, you can download premium audio packs for the study lists (don't worry, it's cheap!). These audios are professionally audio recorded from a Japanese native teacher that will help you master the vocabulary.
The Audio pack for a list (inapp purchase) will unlock:
• Audio for words
• Audio aspect (you'll be asked for listening questions)
• Kanji handwritten aspect (you'll have to draw and self-evaluate kanji)
• Ads will be disabled
• Unlimited custom lists
With your support, the application will evolve with new exciting features.
• Added setting to zoom Japanese text answers
• Added setting to wait (or not) for pronunciation audio to finish before showing next question
• Added setting to select brush size
• Show current values in preferences
• Changed behaviour for kanji writing: using show strokes now counts as a hint