KENWOOD Smartphone Control is an application to operate & control the Android device from the touchscreen control panel of the KENWOOD Multimedia Receiver or Navigation Receiver.
The Android device must support the Bluetooth HID Profile, and the KENWOOD Multimedia Receiver or Navigation Receiver must have a HDMI or MHL input.
* In order to connect the Android device to the KENWOOD Multimedia Receiver or Navigation Receiver, a HDMI-MHL conversion cable (KCA-MH100: sold separately) is required.
*5-pin to 11-pin micro USB adapter or HDMI adapter is required when using Samsung products.
- Tap and Drag Operation
Tap or drag operation on the Android device can be operated from the touchscreen panel of the receiver.
* Does not support multi-touch operation.
* While driving, the Android device cannot be operated from the receiver as only display the screen is enabled.
- HOME/BACK/TASK Buttons
HOME / BACK / TASK buttons will be displayed on the screen to operate the Android device even if those buttons are not displayed.In addition, it is possible to minimize these buttons when they are not required and the button location can be moved by dragging.
* Those buttons are displayed only while the Android device is connected to the receiver via the Bluetooth connection.
* When using some applications (i.e. video application software etc.), there is a possibility that those buttons are not displayed.
- Screen fixed to Landscape mode display / Screen sleep function disabled
While the Android device is connected to the receiver, the screen is fixed to landscape display mode and screen sleep function is disabled automatically.
* The previous settings will be automatically set after the Bluetooth connection with the receiver is disconnected.
* The application is displayed in portrait mode display if it does not support landscape mode display. In this case, the operating range will also change to fit within the display range automatically.
* Since the screen sleep function is disabled during the Bluetooth connection to the receiver, there are cases where the battery consumption is increased.
- Power Saving Setting
There is a setting to turn OFF the linkage function with the receiver.
If this setting is turned OFF, the battery consumption of Android device will be decreased while the Bluetooth connection with the receiver is disconnected.
* To connect to the receiver, the linkage function needs to be turned ON again. (It does not turn ON automatically.)
Supported Android devices:
Samsung: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note2 *5-pin to 11-pin micro USB adapter or HDMI adapter is required when using Samsung products.
Sony: Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL
HTC: One Max
Supported KENWOOD Multimedia Receivers and Navigation Receivers
* To use this function, it is recommended that the KENWOOD Multimedia Receiver's (or Navigation Receiver's) firmware is updated to latest version.
To get the latest firmware and information visit the website hereunder:
Japanese, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, Chinese (Simplified)
Please repeat the screen calibration again if you have changed the output screen size of Android device.
Do not touch the screen of the Android device during the screen calibration. This could cause the calibration process to fail.
No warranty is given as to normal operation of all devices.
For information on Bluetooth settings of Android devices please refer to the instruction manual of your device.
Fixed issue of the battery consumption.