I've noticed that, at least to my knowledge, Kickstarter does not offer a mobile interface as of yet, neither as web-application, nor native for Android. So this is my approach to stumble through projects and mark interesting ones for later reference. Note: This is a very early build, so be patient. I am not charging anything for this application and never will.
What works so far:
- A very tiny "Discover" section
- Accessing projects that one has backed
- Playing VIDEO on project detail page (needs MP4 capable player installed)
- Stalking creators and people who commented on their backed projects
- Acessing details, tiers, public updates and comments of a project
- Starring project to access it via the starred projects list
- Tapping the project title brings up the project in your browser.
- Having a widget for a specific project you want to follow (basic implementation)
- Quicksearch (utilizes search field on kickstarter top navigation bar)
- Color coded progress bars in project details and in widget.
What does not yet work (but is planned)
- Accessing Kickstarter discover categories to dig deeper
- Starring people to access their backed projects via a starred people list
What does not work and will not (at least without a Kickstarter API)
- Logging in and access additional personal information on your account
- Links within Kickstarter content sometimes work sometimes not. I do not have control as a generic Android HTML transformer is used.
I am using a Scraping - Engine (Jsoup) to scrape information off of Kickstarter, due to the fact that, again to my knowledge, there is no publicly available Kickstarter API. Therefore, unfortunately data access is kinda slow sometimes, especially if data needs to be fetched the first time, so please be patient.
I own an Samsung Galaxy SIII and was only able to test this application on this particular device. If you stumble upon problems on your device, let me know at [email protected]
and I will see what I can do about any particular problem. Developer reports are also welcome.
- Fixed broken project detail page
- Preparation for Notification on updates (additional permission for bootup)
- UI Improvements (fling on "empty" area, highlighting, ...)
- Stability improvements
- Color coded progressbars (yellow - in progress, green - funded, red - unsuccessful)
- A little touch up on the widgets
- Stability improvements
- Quicksearch added (uses json search on kickstarter website)