★★★ This lite version has the first four out of the eight activities (see below). ★★★
★★★ Preceded by: ★★★
Kids ABC Letters and followed by Kids ABC Trains
Kids ABC Letter Phonics is the second app in our Reading Curriculum Series.
✰ Have Suggestions or Issues?
Email [email protected]
and you'll get a prompt response.
★★★ Intended for: ★★★
Kids ages 2-7 (Yes, parents tell us even two-year-olds are using it!)
★★★ "I couldn't get my phone back!" ★★★
This delightful game invites preschool-aged children to listen and learn the ABCs in ways that enchant them.
★★★ What will my children learn? ★★★
With Kids ABC Phonics, your kids will learn the alphabet letter sounds – guaranteed!
★★★ What won't my children learn? ★★★
Kids ABC Phonics teaches letter sounds and the basics of blending, but does not teach the next step, which is fluency in actual reading. Developing reading skills is a separate educational goal, which is covered in a separate game, called Kids Learn to Read, which was featured at the Google I/O on May 11th. Including in-depth reading skills in Kids ABC Phonics would detract from the focus of this game and make it too complex to invite and delight children.
★★★ What activities are included in this game? ★★★
This lite version has the first four out of the following eight wonderfully child-friendly sections.
- Learn Letter Sounds. Kids hold and turn a picture-filled letter block and hear the ABC phonics being pronounced.
- Build Letter Blocks. Children have fun building phonics recognition skills by making their own ABC blocks.
- Pop Letter Bubbles. Kids love to pop bubbles. But don't be fooled. By the time children are done with this game, they will know what letter goes with which sound by heart.
- Make Words. While putting puzzles together, kids learn the basics of phonics blending. These skills will be further exercised and expanded in the upcoming Kids Reading game.
- Let's Get Rhyming. Children roll the bowling ball and learn to clearly distinguish word-ending syllables.
- Ride the Ferris Wheel. Kids get more practice for the ending sounds.
- Squirt the Duck. Children learn the concept of vowels.
- Wack-a-Mole. This old time favorite is a new way to practice letter sounds.
Every section is designed so children enjoy success time after time and receive positive reinforcement from the likable lady teacher. So they want to keep learning.
- Now, kids can take their decorated floats to the parade at any time!
- Improved mechanics
- Improved art and animation
- Improved educational content
- Added more voice overs
- Improvements in UI and art
- Bug fixes
- Added rewards
- Bug fixes and improvements
- Bug fixes
- Now, even the Lite version has the entire alphabet
- Improved graphics