This is a basic finger painting program for kids. The first in a line of kids touch applications to keep your kids entertained, engrossed, and give them another outlet to open up their imagination. I built this application as I am a father of two young children and wanted them to be able to draw fun and pretty pictures instead of watching too much TV, getting bored while we are at dinner, fighting with one another, or a host of other children related dilemas . :)
I apologize, but there is a small banner to help cover the costs.
The features included in this version are:
1. Shake to change the background (3 color options)
2. Fixed brush/pen size by default (you can change it based on pressure through the option menu)
3. Cycle of colors by default (you can fix the color through the option menu)
4. Clear the canvas through the option menu
5. Press the back key to erase the last stroke (you can only remove the last 10 strokes before the application asks to clear the canvas)
6. Save the canvas to sdcard (/mnt/sdcard/kidstouchpaint/ directory - use a file explorer (ie. Astro) to extract the picture from the phone or add it to the Gallery application)
7. Share the canvas directly from the application through email, Facebook, or others. Note, this also saves a copy on in the kidstouchpaint directory.
I am also quite open to suggestions. Please comment if your children like (dislike) the application and/or would like to have something changed.
Thanks for trying out the app and hope your kids enjoy it as much as mine.
With version 1.1 of the application here are the changes:
- Removed Save and combined it with the Share (option menu)
- Added Stickers (my friend's daughter loves stickers so this is for her)
- Added more colors (tan, grey, purple, and orange)
- Added control of the Brush thickness (there is still the pressure option)
Please keep sending comments. I will try to add whatever your children want. Thanks!