Kiosk Web Browser/Launcher has been designed for use on tablets or phones and is great for creating public kiosks, interactive digital signage etc.... It locks down the user interface so that the end-user isn't able to adjust Android system settings or gain access to other applications.
To exit the application, either press the hardware menu button or menu button in the top right hand corner of the screen, enter settings and then tap "Exit to Default Launcher". The default settings password is 0000.
We are always adding new features, if you need something specific for your project please get in touch.
- Set as default launcher
- Set default kiosk home page
- Whitelist (allow only certain websites)
- Keep screen on permanently
- Reload page on idle timeout
- Lock Screen Rotation
- Disable access to settings
- Disable access to Google Now
- Password protected settings
- Hidden notification bar
- Locked back button
- Show/Hide system dialogs
- Disable access to recent apps
- Customisable application title & icon
- Optional pinch & double-tap zooming
- Fullscreen mode (removes action bar, bottom bar on 4.4 devices and bottom bar for 4.0 - 4.3 where device is rooted). To exit fullscreen swipe from top edge of screen, press volume button or back button
- Video/pictures/website screensaver (pro version)
- XML Import/Export for mass device configuration (pro version)
- Remote Management Console subscription available at http://www.android-kiosk.com
- And many more features!
Documentation can be found at http://www.android-kiosk.com/kiosk-browser-documentation/
Note: Intended for personal use, business users should try this version before opting for the pro version.
Find us on Google+ https://plus.google.com/+Proco-it/
☆ Added barcode redirect URL for scanning barcodes not containing a URL
☆ Handling of eth0 mac address
☆ Added setting to hide system bar on older devices when the device is not interactive i.e. no user interaction
☆ %KIOSKSERIAL%, %KIOSKMACADDRESS%, %KIOSKIMEI% can now be used as parameters in the home page URL i.e. http://www.testkioskdisplay.com?serial=%KIOSKSERIAL%
☆ Added JS functions getMacAddress() and getIMEI()
Full change log here http://www.android-kiosk.com/changelog/