Notice: Android 5.0+ please disable auto updates of "Android System WebView" in Google Play as this will cause Kiosk Browser to crash when updating in the background.
Kiosk Browser has been designed for use on any android device and is great for creating public kiosks, interactive digital signage etc.... It locks down the user interface so that the end-user isn't able to adjust Android system settings or gain access to other applications.
To exit the application, either press the hardware menu button or menu button in the top right hand corner of the screen, enter settings and then tap "Exit to Launcher/Exit" button. The default settings password is 0000. You can also tap the screen 4 times in quick succession to access settings.
We are always adding new features, if you need something specific for your project please get in touch.
- Set as default launcher
- Password protected settings
- Set default kiosk home page
- Whitelist (allow only certain websites)
- Keep screen on permanently
- Lock Screen Rotation
- Hidden notification bar
- Locked back button
- Show/Hide system dialogs
- Disable access to recent apps
- Customisable application title & icon
- Fullscreen mode (removes action bar, bottom bar on 4.4 devices and bottom bar for 4.0 - 4.3 where device is rooted). To exit fullscreen swipe from top edge of screen, press volume button or back button
- Choice of different colour themes
- Video/pictures/website screensaver (pro)
- Barcode Scanner (pro)
- NFC Reader (pro)
- Scheduled Sleep and Wake (pro)
- XML Import/Export for mass device configuration (pro)
- Remote Management Console subscription available at http://www.android-kiosk.com
- And many more features!
Documentation can be found at https://kioskbrowser.userecho.com
Business users should try this version before opting for the pro version.
Find us on Google+ https://plus.google.com/+Proco-it/
Fix for spaces between whitelist entries
Added android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO to allow microphone access via getUserMedia()
Video screensaver dismissal fixes
Added [Display > Always Hide Action Bar] setting (multi-tap mode must be used to access settings)
Revamped settings layout
More in the changelog https://kioskbrowser.userecho.com/topic/870157-changelog-v200-and-up/