/!\ Requires Root /!\
/!\ Works (only!) on the following devices:
> Galaxy S2
> Galaxy Note
> Galaxy Nexus
> Galaxy S3 (International I9300 - *NOT* US variants)
!!! Qualcomm based US variants (of ALL devices) ARE NOT POSSIBLE to be supported !!!
1-Star ratings because you're not able to read and see that your device isn't supposed to be supported will not help!
They will only make me stop working on the app at all!
You want that?
>>> If you got one of those devices, but the app still refuses to work -> please send me a screenshot of the "Incompatible Device" dialog for the app to be updated.
(i) If your lockscreen stops working after EFS backup, go to the Advanced Settings (choose from the menu) and enable "Alternate EFS Dump Method"
kTool is a small tool originally bundled with Hellcat's Root-Kernel for the Galaxy S2.
It offers a few functions usefull after rooting the device:
- Dump current kernel (and recovery) to /sdcard/zImage
- Flash kernel from /sdcard/zImage
- Flash recovery from /sdcard/recovery.bin
- Backup the phone's EFS (sensitive storage are holding the IMEI and other vital data) as a raw .IMG dump and a .tar archive
- Restoring EFS from the raw .IMG or the .tar backup
- Format EFS (create fresh filesystem for cases where you want to restore seperate files or a .tar backup, but the filesystem is stuck/locked in read-only due to corruption)
- Reboot (normal, directely to recovery or directely to downlaod mode)
If you encounter any problems or issues, or if you have any questions or suggestions, visit the release thread on XDA you can find here:
- added support for: GT-I9300T
- *experimental* special support for the AT&T S3 SGH-I747 - this device differs A LOT from the intl. I9300 S3
- added support for the >>> Galaxy S3 - GT-I9300
- added new function/button to flash the recovery if device has a separate one (dumping kernel will automatically dump recovery too! No extra button for that!)