A mere glance at the Kunsthaus Graz' spectacular shape suffices to explain why its designers Peter Cook and Colin Fournier have dubbed their creation “the Friendly Alien”.
Like an organic organism, the museum mushrooms into Graz' historic old town. And it's an alien among other museums too. With contemporary art usually displayed in hermetic-like white cubes, Fournier and Cook have provided a counterpoint with the Friendly Alien.
While the white walls of other museums serve largely to prevent an interplay between architecture and artwork, here the very building seizes upon its art and expresses it further.
The facade for example functions as a gigantic Low-Resolution screen, projecting messages into the town.
And so it shall continue to be as communicative. This app includes:
- the entire architectural tour in English and German
- the children's tour in German
- numerous images of the architecture
- 360º views of all parts of the building
- important information for your visit to the Kunsthaus Graz
Do you have any comments, wishes or praise for us? We look forward to hearing from you!