Before you purchase "Leaf Spy Pro" please be sure to first install the Free version "Leaf Spy Lite" to confirm you have a phone (or android device) and ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth adapter that works with your Leaf.
Once you have the Lite version running and telling you about your battery you can then purchase "Leaf Spy Pro" to tell even more about your Leaf..
The Leaf Spy Pro application allows anyone with a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle, Android device with Bluetooth and an ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth adapter the ability to monitor their battery and other vehicle information normally visible only to the dealer. ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth adapters typically sell for $10-$20 on eBay.
User generated guide: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Leaf_Battery_Application
Information displayed by Leaf Spy Lite & Leaf Spy:
* Voltage of each of the 96 cell pairs (highlighted if shunt active)
* Minimum, average, maximum cell pair voltages
* Histogram of cell pair voltages
* Battery Temperature readings (4 sensors for 2011/12 models, 3 for 2013 models)
* Battery AHr rating (this will decease with age and is an indication of remaining capacity)
* Number of Quick Charge connections
* Number of L1/L2 Charge connections
* EVSE Max available amps
* EVSE voltage
Additional information displayed by Leaf Spy:
* Battery energy level in GIDs & kWh
* Resetable energy usage meter (Wh resolution)
* Graphic display of SOC, GIDs and DTE (Distance to Empty)
* Remaining distance meter (miles/km) to Event (Low Battery Warning, Very Low Battery Warning or Reserve) based on user selectable energy efficiency
* Graphic display of battery temperature with min, avg, max temperatures
* Tire Pressure of each of the four tires with low pressure warning and delta pressure warning alarm
* Ambient Temperature
* Logging function that records most data and optionally GPS location to a csv file that can be easily imported into excel.
The "Pro" version adds the ability to perform functions normally requiring a visit to the dealer.
* Change automatic door lock/unlock settings
* Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
* Register Tire Positions (required after tire rotation or seasonal tire changes so your Leaf knows the correct location of each tire on the car)
* Ability to reset DTCs from selected ECUs
- Compiled using latest version of B4A that supports Lollipop (Android 5.0)
- Supports STNxxxx chipset based OBDII Adapters
- Warns if OBDII adapter does not support necessary commands and lists unsupported AT command.
- Logging continues a short time after the Leaf is turned off instead of stopping immediately.
- Initial support for Japanese. Report back any translation errors or suggested improvements.
- See built-in change log for additions changes