The Chinese writing system is complex set of characters with each character being created from one or more characters. This app is designed to enable users to examine these relationships by:
1. Displaying characters which make up a character.
2. Listing characters which a character is a part of.
3. Listing characters which a character is related to.
4. Listing characters which a character is linked to.
Exploring these relationships will assist in learning and retention of characters.
Whilst beginners will find it useful navigating characters through the "flash card" style interface and listening to pronunciations; the application is targeted towards users with a novice level of the Chinese language and up.
### App Features ###
- Search by English words, pinyin, stroke number or any combination thereof.
- Selecting characters will display the character with English translation, pinyin representation, pronunciation, how its used, and details such as stroke number, radical number and orthography (i.e. simplified or traditional).
- When viewing a character use the button bar to examine different relationships.
- Around 2500 commonly used characters have been included.
### Requirements ###
A connection to the Internet is mandatory; without it this app will not work. All character information is kept on servers to enable us to continually update and enhance the database.