The Learn Languages: German app is distributed into several main sections that allow you to improve your language skills. Each of the main sections is explained below:
- Test your German:
This section demonstrates you how to pronounce German properly and also checks your pronunciation to make sure you do it right. Each test consists from 10 questions, and at the end of each test is evaluated your level, which you can later improve.
- Translate + related phrases:
Translate lets you instantly translate between the following languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German.
You can mark your favourite translations for quick access in the future. Also, the app provides a list of related phrases. You can use your translation history to access a previous translation quickly, even when you're offline.
This section give you a comprehensive mix of practical and social words and phrases. You can tap a phrase and it will be spoken for you in your language and then in German.
The app dictates the text in a website in German while you read along. So, you can practice your listening and reading at the same time. For example, you can brush up on your German by having the app read a website or a RSS to you.
[ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ]
- You must have installed the German voice ("Pico TTS”, “IVONA”, etc.) and the voice for the language configured on your mobile.
To check this go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings > Pico TTS (Pico TTS settings) and then click on "Install voice data" and install at least the German "Pico TTS", and the "Pico TTS" for the language configured on your mobile
- To check whether your phone has voice recognition capabilities make sure you have this package installed on your mobile: Voice recognition: "Voice search"
- The supported languages are: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German.
- Completely redesigned app (User Interface and Source Code optimized)