Legacy Launcher for Android is a free open-source replacement home screen application. It is built on top of the last version of ADW Launcher Free (from the open-source Cyanogenmod 7 branch), and most of the functionality comes from there.
This launcher is similar to old ADW Launcher Free before its major update in October 2012.
This application is not currently in active development. If you see a bug, you can file it to the project's GitHub.
**Passwords set in this application are not designed to be secure. It is recommended that you do not set your common password in this application.
Source code: https://github.com/chislon/LegacyLauncher
For help, take a look at the built-in 'Guide'.
Before you update, it is recommended that you back up your settings: 'Launcher Setup->More->Backup and Restore', choose 'Backup settings' and 'Backup desktop icon placement'.
See the ADW Guide for more help:
Key features of ADW Launcher Free present in Legacy Launcher:
* customizable number of desktop home screens
* customizable drag&drop action buttons
* ADW themes (can be a bad idea on low RAM devices, but looks are important too)
(See the webpage for a more complete list of features. Note that some features have been removed, such as the hidden dock bar.)
The original ADW Launcher was developed by Anderweb and a team of developers:
These permissions were retained from the original ADW source code and have not been significantly changed, and are standard for Launcher applications.
If your installed ADW Theme looks weird, make sure you have not selected 'Override Colors' in the drawer and application tray.
To have create the effect of hiding apps in the app tray, you can enable categories from the 'Launcher Settings'. Then open the app tray, and hit the 'Menu' button to bring up the category settings. Simply create one category with all the desired applications. Then you can return to 'Launcher Settings' to turn off the 'all apps' category.
If you would like to install a theme with a custom dock background, remember to unhide the dock background.
If you have an extra high resolution device, this launcher will not look optimized for your device. The original application was originally made for 800x480 screens and lower, so there is little I can do to make things work better for you since the graphical resources are raster image files.
* Samsung Galaxy S Infuse has a different data layout on some stock firmwares. As a result, backup/restore will fail. I cannot fix this as I do not have access to the device. If you know how to fix this, feel free to send me a patch.
- Fix crash in non-spread previews as reported by user
- Minor tweaks to dock and app catalog
- New: Supports 4 icons in dock (please consider adding a new shortcut to open the app drawer)
- Fix layout issues when dock has 3 icons
- Fixes for app catalog navigation button with 1 or 3 in dock icons
- Fix in app catalog
- Fix for app drawer on devices with hardware keyboards
- Launch activity from desktop action