Lightning is a fast, light and extremely customizable home screen replacement for Android.
And it can also be used as the most flexible lock screen replacement !
Lightning Launcher eXtreme is the launcher of choice for people who wants a butter smooth, light on memory and tailor-made home screen replacement.
Unlike most traditional launchers, Lightning lets you place items everywhere on the desktop, not only to the left or right sides, but also on pages above and below. Think at the desktop as an unlimited canvas extending in both horizontal and vertical directions instead of a strip, and you will get the idea.
This mean: as many pages as you need, more space for your apps, and faster navigation.
Lightning is loaded with powerful features, such as being able to put widgets in folders (and even other folders for hierarchical navigation), or letting you freely move, scale and rotate any items (note: detach the item from the grid to enable rotate/scale). Any object can be pinned (docked) anywhere. Much more has to be discovered in the app (panels, styles, stop points for scrolling or panels to name a few).
* Enhanced app drawer, with the ability to create folders, hide apps, change the style in all ways, view running apps, most frequently used, recently installed, direct shortcuts to kill or uninstall apps... and more !
* Included lock screen management: select one of your Lightning desktop to be used as the lock screen.
* Support for configuring up to 100 distinct desktops, with customizable label and icon, for the purpose of managing multiple independent setups (personal, professional, for kids, etc.)
* Built-in configurable messaging notifications (highly customizable badge for sms, missed calls, unread gmails)
* App killer available from everywhere: long tap on an icon, select kill, et voilà.
* Built-in per desktop wallpaper, available in the app drawer too.
Things to be aware of (please read this notice):
- With its wide set of options and switches, Lightning is the most customizable launcher, albeit perhaps not the easiest to configure yet ! Agreed, as most powerful tools, Lightning has a learning curve. But isn't that a small price to pay to get the most exciting and unique home screen ;-) By default LL will start in normal mode although an expert option found in the general section will show even more settings. Join the community to get tips and tricks !
- Problem setting LLX the default launcher ? Please install this free app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=name.kunes.android.launcher.loader
All comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome. Please email your questions and bug reports to Pierre Hébert - [email protected]
, or join the Lightning Launcher Community at https://plus.google.com/communities/111427002111904170930.
Full ChangeLog: http://www.pierrox.net/cmsms/applications/lightning-launcher/change-log.html
Screenshots 1 and 4 are from Gerd Reuter, 2 is from Guy Lahav and 3 is from
Minh Tri Nguyen many thanks to you, you are real Artists !
A set of miscellaneous minor bug fixes (translations, text truncation, empty settings, scrolling with dpad, ...)
The full changelog can be found here: http://www.pierrox.net/cmsms/applications/lightning-launcher/change-log.html