This app streams games from a GameStream-compatible PC on your local network or the Internet (Streaming over LTE is supported, although data usage is high and you may have latency issues). After initial pairing, Limelight will show a list of apps to stream from your PC. You can add any other apps to this list through GeForce Experience. Mouse, keyboard, and controller input is sent from your Android device to the PC.
To have a good experience, you need a mid to high-end wireless router with a good wireless connection to your Android device (5 GHz highly recommended) and a good connection from your PC to your router (Ethernet highly recommended).
Users with Qualcomm-based devices may want to downgrade to GFE 2.1.3 for lower video latency. More info here: http://tinyurl.com/l8ygwf9
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated with Limelight Networks or NVIDIA Corporation. Please do not contact either company for support. Instead, use the XDA forum link at the bottom of the app description.
Users using an external mouse may want to use the root version instead which has much better mouse support. See: http://tinyurl.com/limelight-root
If you're streaming over the Internet, make sure UPnP is enabled on your router or the required ports are forwarded. See http://bit.ly/1sUauPq for more details.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600/700/800/900 series or GTX 600M/700M/800M series GPU (GT-series GPUs won't work)
NVIDIA GeForce Experience (GFE) 2.1.1 or higher
Most controllers will work just fine, but the following have been tested:
Xbox 360 wired/wireless
PS3 wired (with Sixaxis Enabler app) or wireless (with SixAxis Controller app)
PS4 wired via USB
Moga controller (HID mode or with MOGA Universal Driver app)
Amazon Fire Game Controller
Shield integrated controller
Note for SixAxis users:
Use SixAxis in "Native Gamepad" mode for Limelight. The default button mapping in needs to be adjusted to match the standard controller layout for streaming.
1. Make sure GeForce Experience is installed, updated, and that you've scanned for games.
2. In most cases, your PC will show up automatically in the PC list. Click the entry in the PC list to start pairing.
3. On your PC, enter the PIN displayed on the Android device and accept the pairing dialog.
4. Choose your PC in the PC list and the app list will be displayed where you can select a game to stream.
Troubleshooting - "Limelight crashes"
1. Please send me an email.
2. Send the crash report.
Troubleshooting - "I can't pair/stream at all"
1. Reboot your PC.
2. Disable your PC's firewall.
3. If all else fails: uninstall GeForce drivers, reboot, clean install GeForce drivers, and reboot again.
Troubleshooting - "Video is choppy/laggy"
1. Try streaming with Bluetooth disabled to see if your device has the Bluetooth issue detailed below.
2. Make sure your device is connected on 5 GHz and your PC is wired to your router.
3. Lower the bitrate slider.
4. Try using 720p30 which has the lowest requirements.
Troubleshooting - "Apps crash when launched by Limelight"
1. Uninstall GeForce drivers, reboot, clean install GeForce drivers, and reboot again.
2. Try launching them through Steam
Bluetooth-related streaming issues:
Depending on your phone/tablet, you may have a bad streaming experience if Bluetooth is active while streaming. This is a hardware issue due to the antenna wiring. If you experience this, you can try a USB Ethernet adapter or a controller that connects directly to your Android device via USB OTG.
For more details and to report issues, see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2505510
This app is open-source under the GPL. The code can be found here: https://github.com/limelight-stream/limelight-android
Legal: All trademarks cited here are the property of their respective owners.
v3.0.2 - December 3, 2014
- Fixed Nyko Playpad controller issue
- Improved video and input responsiveness
NOTE: For rooted users, there's a new root version of Limelight with vastly better external mouse support: http://tinyurl.com/limelight-root