LiveNotifier is a realtime generic notifications system that supports Sony's Smart Extensions such as the SmartWatch.
It cas be used to bring any notification directly to your android device and to your SmartWatch, using google's C2DM (Cloud To Device Messaging) system.
Once installed on your device, you can send notifications simply by calling LiveNotifier API (a very simple webservice described here : http://www.livenotifier.net).
Your notifications can of course contain text but also an optional redirecting URL and an image URL that will be displayed when viewing the notification on your phone/tablet.
Here are sample usage examples :
- Home Automation : When someone rings on your door, you receive a notification on your SmartWatch, and you can view a photo of him on your phone, and then directly open the automated portal.
- Server supervision : Receive Nagios, Xymon (or other supervision systems) alerts directly on your wrist
- Generic Messaging : Notifications can replace SMS and MMS notifications because they cost money; LiveNotifier notifications don't.
Thanks to the simple REST API, nearly everything is possible.
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
- Notifications clearing actions
- One by one notification deletion (context menu or action bar)
- (ICS/Honeycomb Only) Thumbnail of notification image show in the phone notification panel after automatic downloading
- Notification images caching
- Thumbnail of notification image in main list
- Option to auto-clear phone notifs when read on smartwatch
- Option to auto-clear smartwatch notifs when read on phones
- Action button to open the notif URL on the Phone, from the smartwatch