This is a plug-in for Locale ($10) or Tasker (5 CHF), which allows you to turn on/off the Wifi Hotspot functionality of your phone automatically.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOCALE/TASKER ARE, YOU DON'T NEED THIS APP!
To manually turn on/off the Hotspot functionality, use the "Hotspot Toggle" widget instead.
Please do not rate this app with 1 star if you failed to read or understand the previous paragraphs, because that is not the problem of this software. Thanks.
For Android 2.2 - Android 4.4. It uses an unsupported (but publicly available) API, so it might not work on your phone.
(!!!) It looks like it does not work on Android 5.0 (lollipop).
If you use the plugin, please rate it.
Note: This plug-in does NOT make your phone hotspot-capable if it was not before. It is also not intended to avoid any costs charged on you by the provider for using the Wifi Hotspot (Mobile AP).
If it does not work for you:
- Try turning on/off the hotspot functionality of your phone.
- Try using the "Hotspot Toggle" widget.
If you report failure, please report whether the ones above worked or not. Thanks!
Tested by me and it DOES NOT WORK:
- Google Nexus 5 with Android 5.0 lollipop.
Tested by me on the following phones (and it works):
- Google Nexus 1
- Google Nexus S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Samsung Galaxy S III (I9300)
Reported by users:
- Google Galaxy Nexus (1 report)
- Google Nexus 1 (1 report)
- Google Nexus 4 (1 report)
- Google Nexus 5 (Android KitKat) (1 report)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace (1 report)
- Samsung Galaxy S (1 report)
- Samsung Galaxy S II (4 reports)
- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic (1 report)
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 (1 report)
- Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) (1 report)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) (2 reports)
- Dell Streak (1 report)
- HTC EVO (2 reports)
- HTC EVO 4G (1 report)
- HTC Desire (1 report)
- HTC Desire X (1 report)
- HTC Droid Razr (1 report)
- HTC Incredible 2 (1 report)
- HTC One V (1 report)
- HTC One SV (1 report)
- LG Esteem (MS910) (1 report)
- Motorola Droid II (1 report)
- Motorola Droid Bionic (2 report)
- Motorola Moto G (1 report)
- Motorola Droid Maxx (1 report: on works, off doesn't)
- US Cellular SCH-R760 (Samsung Galaxy S II variant, 1 report)
Reported not working:
- Google Nexus 5 with Lollipop (Android 5.0)
- HTC Wildfire (2 reports)
- HTC Wildfire S (1 report)
- HTC Sensation (2 reports)
- Touch 4G (1 report)
- HTC Thunderbolt (1 report)
- Verizon HTC Rezound (3 reports)
Please share your experience directly with me (by email) and I'll add your phone to the list. Reports last updated: 2014-10-13.
Keywords: Locale Plug-in, plugin, Wifi, Wi-Fi, Hotspot, Mobile AP, Access Point, Tether, Tethering, 3G, Connection sharing.