The LocationSmart Device Agent is a location-based mobile application used in combination with LocationSmart's Cloud Location Services. The LocationSmart Device Agent enables registered mobile devices to act as context-aware sensors and interact with LocationSmart's cloud-based location determination and contextual triggering platform. The LocationSmart Device Agent, in conjunction with the LocationSmart Platform collect and process location (Wi-Fi, GPS, A-GPS and Cell ID) and environmental data to obtain accurate, high availability location without the need for proprietary hardware or carrier assets.
The LocationSmart Device Agent enables registered users to:
- Report scheduled location information
- Trigger cloud-based events based on geofences and context-aware environmental sensor data
- Receive notifications when new messages arrive
- Display content-rich messages in the application in-box
Use of the LocationSmart Device Agent is an ideal way to trial the hybrid location capabilities prior to using the SDK that is available for integrating into new or existing mobile applications.
This release contains the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- Simplified registration page
- Fix to prevent using stale GPS locations from iOS
- Multiple configuration support
- Separate trigger scan rates for iBeacon and WiFi
- Optimize platform location requests based on accuracy requirement
- Other minor fixes and improvements