RECENT UPDATE: you asked for more social, and here it is.
• Your name/alias/email is *not* sold, distributed, or used for anything other than Locavore app activities. See User Agreement (http://getlocavore.com/terms).
• Afraid of Big Brother? Use an alias. Or, download Locavore Retro…but, you won’t be able to promote your local farms & food with photos, report to us when information is incorrect, or encourage farmers by telling them they’re great. Life is full of trade-offs.
LOCAVORE: It’s your seasonal, local food network.
Locavore makes searching & sharing in-season, local food a breeze by mapping farms and farmers’ markets, and what is in season based off your location.
1 - Share photos about local, in season food & sellers
2 - Locate farms and farmers’ markets near you
3 - Browse what’s in-season and soon to come
4 - Find who is selling it and where
5 - Get details about your local farmers’ market
6 - Post what you ate locally to Facebook
Recipes soon to come…
Locavore is powered by Local Dirt. www.LocalDirt.com is an online site where anyone can buy, sell, feature and find local food. Part of us is located in beautiful Madison, WI and the others are in sunny (sometimes foggy) San Francisco, CA. We are always looking for inventive ways to improve the Local Food movement whether you call yourself a Locavore, Localvore, Vegetarian, Vegan or Foodie; we’re listening, so leave us your feedback. If something is not working as expected, contact us before you leave a review and we are happy to help.
For news and updates on the app, follow @enjoy_locavore on Twitter
To submit feedback, corrections or bugs, please contact me via GetSatisfaction at http://bit.ly/locavorefeedback or [email protected]
Before leaving negative review please contact us at [email protected]
Locavore v2 is a significant update.
-- SERVICE RELEASE
In Season information based off of location instead of state
- CSA information added
- Photos, likes, comments enabled for farms/farmer markets/CSAs
- Photos, likes, comments enabled for in season food
- Local food network:
-- Post photos for products & farms
-- See what other Locavores are eating
-- Like, comment, and share products, farms and markets
- Flag & update farm, market, or product information