Are you keen mountain hikers? Do you love your morning runs? Or bike trips with your family? And what about hunting geocaches on your vacations? Yes?
Locus Map Free - multi-functional outdoor navigation app is here for all your activities. You don't need a bunch of apps for all your activities anymore. Save your phone memory for music instead! Locus Map Free offers all features in one place:
- shows your position on an offline or online map
- records your workout or trip
- navigates you to your tourist destinations
- helps with planning your geocaching hunt
- searches and displays anything from natural landmarks to your friends' addresses
- saves your tracks and places
- and many more
Locus Map Free offers all features above a wide selection of maps:
- US - USGS, OpenStreetMaps, MapQuest...
- Europe - IGN (France), Outdooractive (Germany, Austria - coming soon), Ordnance Survey Opendata (UK), Kapsi.fi (Finland), Turistautak (Hungary), SHOCart (Czech and Slovak rep.), Osmapa.pl, (Poland), Skoterleder (Sweden), Map1.eu (Europe), Swiss Topo ...
- other parts of the World - Visicom (Asia), Freemap, GSI maps (Japan), SledMap (World), Navigasi (Indonesia), Turaterkep, NzTopoMaps (New Zealand), ChartBundle (United States) and others
Most of the online maps can be downloaded to offline for free or for reasonable price.
- whole World vector Locus Maps for hiking, cycling, skiing, road or city use - downloadable for a symbolic fee directly in-app
- Switzerland - famous SwissTopo maps
- Germany, Austria - Outdooractive (coming soon)
- support of SQLite, TAR, MBT, GEMF, Orux or RMAP formats
- support of own OpenStreetMap data or custom map themes
Locus Map's functions that you may find useful on your trips:
- of addresses, coordinates or phone contacts
Points of interest (POI) & Tracks
- create your own points and plan your trip routes directly in your mobile
- import points and routes from the Internet
- many options of sorting and ordering points&tracks
- export your points and tracks to a file or to a web service (Strava, Runkeeper, GPSies...)
- download geocaches to your mobile by the Geocaching4Locus add-on
- let Locus Map navigate you to them with map and compass
- log your findings directly in the field
- support of waypoints, PocketQuery, trackables, spoilers and other features
- record your bike trips, rides with your family or run workouts
- enjoy audio-coach commented workouts
Turn-by-turn navigation and guidance
- use Locus Map Free as your car navigation
- let yourself be guided to a point (on map or by compass) or along a route
- import points and routes from the Internet or other software, Locus Map supports a wide range of formats (KML, KMZ, GPX...)
- export your workouts to webservers like Strava, Runkeeper, GPSies, Google Earth etc...
- smart GPS system saving your battery life
- skyplot displaying actual satellite situation above your head
- GPS status notifications
- support of external GPS
- you don't have to look for your car in the middle of a crowded mall parking anymore, Locus Map will find it for you
...and more and more...
Locus Map Free is highly customizable. You can set everything according to your needs. Just give it a try!
Do you want your Locus Map to handle even more functions and without limits? For example bike computer with full support of external bluetooth and ANT+ sensors? Then download Locus Map Pro!
add: integration of GPSies.com service (menu > Web services)
add: (PRO) Navigation – a new system of automatic recalculation, two options – route and point priority
chg: changes in style of maps sorting in "offline tab" of the map manager considering LoMaps (Locus vector maps)
chg: improvement in style of bottom buttons in dialogs and some screens
title: Minor news and changes