I can't stress this enough: It's ONLY FOR JELLYBEAN AND UP, because JellyBean accepts the proper Unicode characters that no other versions have the ability to show. There's nothing I can do to help. :/
While perusing reddit, I realized that the Look of Disapproval and other Unicode faces are supported on JellyBean! (and higher). After minutes (which turned into hours after getting actual features into it) of slaving over my keyboard, I came up with this.
I wanted a way to do the look of disapproval, among other Unicode faces, quickly and easily, without having to Google it up, copy, and all that, you know the deal.
This app makes it easy! You just open the app, find the face/emoticon you want to copy, then tap on it. Bam! It's in your clipboard, ready to argue/chat/troll with. :D
- Tap an emoticon to put it into your clipboard
- Long-press an emoticon to share it with other apps.
- Optional Persistent Notification that upon clicking opens a "quick" view of the app, allowing you to do any of the aforementioned basic features while you're in other apps. :]
- Unicode characters take up more "character space" than ASCII characters do, so, be careful if you have text messaging limits.
- If you'd be the trolls you probably are, you should have your review use a Unicode face, to bother the ICS and lower users. ;)
Jul 25, 2014:
- Changed how the persistent notification works. If turned on, you will not need to open the app to start it now. If the setting is on, it will start the notification on-boot. :D
- I'd like to think it's more stable and less hacky now, as I reworked the entire notification "system" in the app.
- Bug fixes.
* Send me any ideas, or requests for presets. :D