Rule your own kingdom on this Medieval business simulation.
*** NEWS: We have just released (on February 4th) a MUCH DEEPER turn-based strategy game, based on some feedback we have received here on Lord Paravia mixed with our own ideas. Please check it out, search for Exploration Colony or check More Gamed by the Developer below. ****
Lord Paravia is a minimalist turn-based business and strategy simulation, or resource management game, for those who don't care about fancy graphics but like a good gameplay. It puts you in the position of a knight in medieval times that has just received a small fief from the Lord, becoming a vassal. Now you must manage the life of hundreds of peasants, nobles and soldiers and aim to become a Lord yourself.
You start as a Sir - or Dame - in a small medieval castle, have to walk up the feudal ladder of power: Baron, Viscount, Count, Duke, Prince, Grand Duke... and finally Lord. To be promoted you have to properly manage your fief by collecting taxes, expanding the wheat crop, increasing the population, holding enemy attacks, and other tasks. Take too long to be promoted and you might not be alive to see your own crowning, as during the Middle Ages the life expectancy was very short.
Buildings such as the Watch Tower defend your kingdom from enemy invasion soldiers, as the general will give advices to help you. The market allow you to trade, buy and sell grain. As a strategy puzzle game you have to think the best strategies to grow and upgrade your castle, in this turn-based simulation.
• Trade: buy and sell acres of land and also grains
• Taxes: manage the tax rates to attract more serfs
• Crops: have enough crop to feed your population, or buy grains from the market
• Upgrade: upgrade your buildings for bonuses
• Protect: have enough soldiers to protect your land!
• Seasons: each season has an unique effect - the harvest is better on the summer, and more serfs die on the winter
• Ranking: get ranked against everyone else who finished the game (new feature released Dec 9th!)
• No Micro-Transactions: zero purchases available!
Lord Paravia is simple yet complex indie game, and was inspired by the classic medieval resource management game Santa Paravia en Fiumaccio (1978), and also Hamurabi / Hammurabi (1969).
Minor update (1.0.6 & 1.0.8):
- Forcing the banner size to not overlap the Movement Left on the bottom bar. Now it shouldn't overlap!
Updates after release:
- Added a new Intermediate difficulty level, and unlocked the Expert difficulty to everyone.
- Added ranking per difficulty level! The fewer seasons to get to Lord, higher the ranking.
- Several balance changes, so now Beginner should be easier
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash on load for some devices
Just released on December 6th!