Macronos is the easiest way to get music playing on Sonos.
You can configure shortcuts on the Home screen to play media of your choice.
To get started just open Macronos and press the plus icon in the title bar.
Choose music, select players, set volume and save the macro.
It will then be added to your Home screen as a shortcut.
For detailed instructions, see the user guide:
* [ROOT + KITKAT] Android Audio to Sonos - Streams all Android audio to Sonos.
* Stream music from Dropbox to Sonos.
* Pause or fade-out Sonos players when you make or receive phone calls.
* Wi-Fi play - Starts playback when arriving home.
* Megaphonos - Turns your device into a Sonos megaphone.
* NFC tag support. Start music with NFC tags.
* Podcast support. Plays latest or specific podcast on Sonos from RSS feed.
* 'Control' shortcut. From 'Control' you have access to the most common controls, existing macros and music. Hide players with parental control. Maximum volume levels.
* Alarm feature to run a macro at a given time or repeating.
* Controls multiple households.
* Tasker, Locale, Llama (Locale plugin) integration for automated Sonos control.
Support for streaming all Android audio to Sonos [ROOT]:
* Only for rooted devices running KitKat (4.4.2) natively.
* It supports Grooveshark, Spotify, Soundcloud, MOG, Rdio, YouTube, VEVO, Poweramp, and so on...
* If you are using a third party ROM like CM 11, then it is not guaranteed to work. (If it doesn't work, then you can get a refund. So just try it).
* See how to use it from the "Cast screen" menu: http://youtu.be/ewYvHI2hPT0
* Installation guide: https://sites.google.com/a/youtec.dk/macronos/home/android-audio
Support for casting to Sonos:
* Open a supported Android app like the Pandora app and select the Cast icon next to the volume icon.
* Then select MacronosCast under "Connect to device" and select a Sonos player.
* Control playback on Sonos directly from:
-- Pandora (up to v. 5.3, newest version not supported)
-- Avia (up to v. 7.0.28113, newest version not supported)
-- Plex (up to v. 3.2.12, newest version not supported)
-- BeyondPod (up to v. 3.2.59, newest version not supported)
-- Google Play Music app (up to version 5.5, newest version not supported)
* Select group from the action bar or by long-pressing the group button on one of the players.
* Open the navigation drawer 5 times to disable the "Hide players" menu option (Parental control).
* Access music or existing macros from the navigation bar.
* Create "Sonos Favorites" with the music from your music services (Spotify, Rhapsody, Google Play Music etc.) to be able to configure a macro to play it.
* Place the phone on the NFC tag just before pressing the Save button. Then press Save when "NFC tag detected" is displayed.
* For music services like Pandora, Songza, LastFM etc. you start the station and select it using the Now Playing menu when configuring a macro.
* When choosing Podcasts from the Music menu, select the menu on the right and choose "Use latest podcast". This will play the newest podcast from that feed.
* The macro shortcut icon indicates how many and what players were selected.
* Use the volume buttons on your phone or tablet to adjust the volume while the macro is executing ("Starting playback..." is showing).
* When adding or removing Sonos players from your home, please edit your macros, let it find all players and save it.
Questions or beta releases:
If you have questions or want beta releases of Macronos, join the following group and press "Testing opt-in":
Bugs or feature requests, e-mail: [email protected]
Starts playback of existing music if no music is selected in macro and group is not playing.
More 'Up' button navigation and window transitions added.
Fixes players not being found in Control after Sonos 5.2 update.
Fixes 'Cast screen' not showing players on Android L.
Fixes Cast icon shown without being available.
Fixes Wifi macro running without disconnect due to wrong SSID reported by Android.