Chris and Mathilde Stuart's eGuide to Mammals of Southern Africa is an interactive version of the popular "Field Guide to Mammals of Southern Africa". This app has many features that will enrich your wildlife experience in Southern Africa.
NB: Please note that an additional download of 514MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
* Each of the over 350 species found in the region has a detailed text description.
* Most species have multiple hi-res photographs, distribution maps, animal-human size comparison, spoor drawings and skull photographs.
* A few of the species also have audible calls.
* Videos for select species.
* Quickly find a species by looking up its track type, grouped with similar tracks.
* A compare feature that lets you view two species at the same time on the same screen.
* The ability to easily find a species using either common or scientific names and in taxonomic or alphabetic order.
* A personal record of mammal sightings that can be exported to your storage card or email.
* GPS location tagging of mammal sightings.
* Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list; it is recommended that you export the list regularly to avoid any loss of data.
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com
Fixed 'duplicate providers' installation failure bug
Videos of select species added
Many UI enhancements
GPS tagging of sightings
Instant search in listings
Instant global search
Gallery view in listings
Wikipedia look-up in species display