You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Manila by local Philippine people to experience local culture.
We recommend this app to travelers who want to:
- Learn about Manila local culture
- Meet and become friends with locals
- Create your own tour and travel at your own pace
- Get off the beaten path guidebooks pave
Rather than relying on a guidebook or city guide, this app lets you directly contact locals and sign up for low-price trips. It makes researching and ranking things to do in Philippines much easier by putting you in the hands of local guides who can take you to non-touristy spots. Whether you are a solo student or backpackers using Hipmunk and, staying in a motel or hostel, or a group of families or friends using Triposo on vacation, tours are easy, cheap, and personalized based on your budget and schedule. A local will act as your personal guide, similar to the WhatsApp and AroundMe apps, taking you to unique, nearby locations.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where locals act as a city guide and recommend a variety of area-specific trips for visitors. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor,Wikitravel, and Viator only suggest popular destinations, this app allows you to personally contact a guide who will show you both unknown and famous locations found on TIME magazine’s Top 10 things to do in Manila, as well as a non-news tourist agency guides like Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, TripIt, and mTrip. Traveling has never been easier. Often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” this app takes the pressure away from navigating a city guide, blog, map, or tourist brochure. Once your trip is finished, you can leave a comment or recommendation in the user review section to help future travelers.
Sites such as Expedia, Priceline, Kayak, Agoda, and Booking.com, exist so you can find inexpensive flights. CouchSurfing and hostels.com were created to give you convenient housing options while travelling. You could plan a budget trip using XE Currency, Wikitude, SayHi Translate, and UrbanSpoon to get a taste of local culture, but navigating a new city is difficult. Even if you are able to use Avis, Enterprise, Rent-a-car, or Hertz to get a car rental abroad, it is much easier to have a local show you around using public transportation. If you want a hassle-free, unforgettable day trip, you should download this free app. Forget the city guide, let locals give you a taste of the wonders of Philippines, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide.
Special Features of Meetrip:
- Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Manila
- Ask any travel questions to local people, such as weather and clothes
- Book directly from the app - before you travel or even while you're traveling
- Fast, simple, and secure booking
- Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Philippines. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
- Visit to Corregidor Island. It’s a tadpole-shaped rock island, the largest of 5 islands (the other 4 are La Monja, Caballo, El Fraille and Carabao) between the historical Bataan and Cavite shores.
- Pray for peace in Manila American Cemetery and Memorial, including the graves of thousands of Americans who died in World War II.
- Walk around Taal Volcano, located about 60 km south of Metro Manila. The last major eruption was reported back in 1965.
-Learn about University of Santo Tomas, the oldest university in Asia, founded in 1611.
- Sight-see around Intramuros, called "The Walled City," the oldest district in Manila.
- Visit Fort Santiago. A 17th century stone fortress that has become a museum and public park.
- Enjoy Casa Manila, showcasing the opulence of the former Filipino aristocracy.
- Go to the San Agustin Church, the one of the oldest stone churches in the Philippines.
-Visit to the majestic cathedral, Manila Cathedral.