This application allows you to share a destination with your car's navigation system. You can share from popular applications such as Google Maps, Yelp, TripAdvisor, MapQuest, browser links, and more. Just use one of these apps to find a destination and click share. You will see a list of available apps that can accept the shared location. Choose Map To Car and push the Send button. Your location will be sent through the internet to your car's navigation system. You can then use your car's navigation system to load and navigate to your destination. Since you are using the internet, you can send a location to your car from anywhere you are connected.
Before you can share locations, you have to setup Map To Car. This setup is only done once.
1. Launch Map To Car.
2. Select your vehicle type.
3. Enter your vehicle specific account information.
How to use?
Once you have setup Map To Car, you would do the following steps:
1. Find a destination using your mobile device. You can use Google Maps, Yelp, TripAdvisor or Mapquest. Many browser links are supported as well.
2. Click share. A list of apps will appear.
3. Choose Map To Car from the list.
4. Map To Car will download the destination and display it to you.
5. Click the Send To Car button.
6. Use your car's navigation system to retrieve the destination. The way you do this will depend on the vehicle type and is different for each car.
Free for 7 days
This app is free to download and use for 7 days. After 7 days, if you like the app, you can buy it via an in-app purchase from the settings page. This is a one time purchase to activate the app's license.
Ford, Lincoln, Mercury SYNC System (US only)
Hyundai (South Korea only)
Apps that can share with Map To Car
Browser links which contain directions.
Google Maps browser links
How does it work?
Map To Car accepts data shared from other applications and converts it a destination. This destination is then sent to your car via an internet connection to your vehicle manufacturer's servers. Once Map To Car has successfully sent a destination to your car, you can use your car's navigation system to retrieve it. The steps to retrieve the destination will vary depending on the manufacturer.
Map To Car does not collect, share or use your personal data in any way.
1. Not every car model is supported. Check with your vehicle manufacturer to see if they support sending a location to your car's navigation system from Google Maps or Mapquest. If they do, then it should work.
2. You must setup the required account information with your car's manufacturer first. Map To Car cannot set this up for you. The Map To Car account field is similar to your car's email address. It is how Map To Car knows where to send the location.
3. Map To Car does not use Bluetooth. It sends the location using an internet connection. It uses the account information to know where to send the location.
4. Try to send a location using Google Maps or Mapquest from a desktop computer. If you can get that to work, Map To Car will work.
5. Contact me. I will do my best to help.
6. TripAdvisor uses the directions button to share with Map To Car. Find a location and then click directions to get a list of apps to share, then choose Map To Car.
Google Maps, Ford Sync, Lincoln Sync, Kia, Mini, Nissan, BMW, Yelp, TripAdvisor, Vehicle Navigation, Car Navigation, GPS Navigation
1. Fixed bugs where it could not get the address of any locations.