Simple app to measure distances and areas in Google Maps.
Just click on the map to add different points - Maps Measure will then calculate the distance, area or elevation* between those points.
This app does not calculate a route or something like that - it's not a navigation or route planning app.
Swipe in from the left side to access more options, long-click on the trash icon to delete all set points.
• Measure distances, areas & elevations*
• Imperial & metric units
• Map, hybrid-satellite & terrain view
• No ads
• Minimum permissions & open source
• Holo-themed with support for translucent system decor on Android 4.4
*the elevations feature requires an in-app purchase (0.99 EUR, 1.49 USD)
INTERNET & ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - showing the map and getting altitude data
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - caching map data
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION & ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - displaying your current location on the map
BILLING - upgrade to the pro-version through an in-app purchase
The app does not show any ads or collects any of your data.
The app is open source and listed on GitHub: https://github.com/j4velin/MapsMeasure
- fixed search on some Android 4.x devices
- app can now be installed on sd card on some devices
- app now request large heap to fight OutOfMemory exceptions on Samsung devices
- clicking on the "current location" icon now sets a marker at the current position, if the map is already centered at that location
- google play services updated