MasterGear emulates Sega MasterSystem, Sega GameGear, and other classic 8bit consoles from Sega. It runs MasterSystem and GameGear games right on your Android phone or tablet. Save game progress at any time and share it with friends, or play games together on the network. MasterGear also runs Sega Mark2, Mark3, SG1000, SC3000, and SF7000 games and other software.
* Specifically optimized for Android devices, using assembly language and hardware acceleration to run as fast as possible.
* Supports full screen landscape and portrait modes, with many special effect options.
* Save game play at any point and go back to that point once your character gets killed.
* Share your current position in a game with other users via State Exchange feature.
* Play with other users over local network or Internet via NetPlay feature.
* Play with your hardware keyboard, gamepad, touch screen, or accelerometer.
* Supports ARM-based GoogleTV devices, such as LG G2/G3.
* Supports Bluetooth gamepads, Xperia Play special buttons, iCade, Sixaxis, and Moga gamepads.
* Record soundtrack to MIDI files.
MasterGear package itself does not contain any games. You should place your own game files onto the SD card before running MasterGear.
Please, do not run any software you do not own with MasterGear. The author cannot and will not tell you where to find free MasterSystem or GameGear games.
Please, report any encountered problems here:
* Fixed crash on Android 2.*, accidentally introduced in 3.1.3.
* Added accurate SN76489 noise channel emulation.
* Added configurable noise generator API to EMULib.
* Added Android immersive mode support.
* You must start or finish your fling at the top to toggle title bar.
* Added 12 new GameGear games to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Faceball 2000 and Frogger to the Cheatopedia.
* Added F15 Strike Eagle and Formula 1 to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Fatal Fury and Fantasy Zone to the Cheatopedia.