MasterGear emulates Sega MasterSystem, Sega GameGear, and other classic 8bit consoles from Sega. It runs MasterSystem and GameGear games right on your Android phone or tablet. Save game progress at any time and share it with friends, or play games together on the network. MasterGear also runs Sega Mark2, Mark3, SG1000, SC3000, and SF7000 games and other software.
* Specifically optimized for Android devices, using assembly language and hardware acceleration to run as fast as possible.
* Supports full screen landscape and portrait modes, with many special effect options.
* Save game play at any point and go back to that point once your character gets killed.
* Share your current position in a game with other users via State Exchange feature.
* Play with other users over local network or Internet via NetPlay feature.
* Play with your hardware keyboard, gamepad, touch screen, or accelerometer.
* Supports ARM-based GoogleTV devices, such as LG G2/G3.
* Supports Bluetooth gamepads, Xperia Play special buttons, iCade, Sixaxis, and Moga gamepads.
* Record soundtrack to MIDI files.
MasterGear package itself does not contain any games. You should place your own game files onto the SD card before running MasterGear.
Please, do not run any software you do not own with MasterGear. The author cannot and will not tell you where to find free MasterSystem or GameGear games.
Please, report any encountered problems here:
* Added cheats for 29 new games to the Cheatopedia.
* Added a few missing game IDs to detect Cheatopedia games.
* Now properly killing DropBox and BoxArt threads at exit.
* Fixed stale timer thread remaining after exiting a game.
* Fixed screenshots when using custom-positioned screen.
* Fixed crash when drawing custom-positioned screen.
* Fixed several faulty Cheatopedia entries.