Measure the pulse and respiration rate of yourself and others using your camera.
- Steady the camera by resting it on a table (for example).
- Position your face in the top box and shoulders in the bottom box.
- Push 'Start' and keep still while the measurement is in progress.
- Your pulse and respiration rate will be displayed.
How it works:
- Movement of your chest is used to measure respiration rate.
- Small changes in reflectivity from your face are used to measure pulse. Each heart beat our faces pulsate - changing in reflectivity by about 1%, if these changes were 2% then we would be able to see them with our eyes, at 1% they are just detectable with a smartphone camera (after a few seconds of measurement).
Disclaimer: This remote sensing software is fallible and so it is not recommended for important measurements.
Requires a phone with a front-facing camera and Android 2.3 or higher.
Old style menu commands changed to on screen icons.
Exposure lock used to improve measurement reliability.