Have you ever found yourself a couple of feet away from your computer, tired of the currently playing song, but too lazy to actually get up and change it? Fear not, with the MediaMonkey Remote, this is history!
Vote for new features here! https://mmremote.uservoice.com
NOTE: Needs the MediaMonkey Remote Server installed on your computer. This is a free Windows application that can be downloaded from http://mmremote.net.
SUPER NOTE: If you have a bug you want fixed, or a feature suggestion you want implemented, please, please use e-mail or forum to tell us about it! If you post it as a comment here, we have NO WAY of contacting you to ask for details, and it is thus often impossible to help you.
The forum can be found here: http://forum.erlenddahl.net/
- Works with all versions of MediaMonkey.
- Display title, album and artist of currently playing song.
- Play, pause, next song, previous song, stop, stop after current, shuffle, continuous play.
- Nifty swipe feature for next/previous song.
- Control the playback using a trackbar.
- Manipulate the 'Now Playing' list in any way you want.
- Browse your music library and play anything you want.
- Browse your playlists (both manual and auto playlists), and play entire lists or selected songs.
- Control the sound volume of both MediaMonkey and Windows itself (including mute), and override the devices hardware volume buttons if you so wish.
- Rate your songs (with support for half stars).
- Widget (now with rating)
- Permanent notification
- Computer menu
In order to use this app, you obviously need MediaMonkey, but you also need the MediaMonkey Remote Server installed on your computer. This is a free Windows application that can be downloaded from http://mmremote.net.
If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us using the e-mail on this page or the forum: http://forum.erlenddahl.net.
Help for the "Missing MediaMonkey" error can be found here: http://forum.erlenddahl.net/default.aspx?g=posts&m=333
- Can't control system volume on Windows XP machines (MediaMonkey volume can still be controlled, though).
- Some Windows 7 computers have problems with browsing the library from the remote.
- People with huge playlists should deactivate "Send album arts" in the server to reduce memory usage. Working on a fix.
- Create a UserVoice page for users to suggest/vote for new features. Go take a look! http://mmremote.uservoice.com
- Added "Go to letter" to Library.
- Added "Years" and "Ratings" to Library.
- Improved search functionality greatly!
- Fixed several issues with the playlist.
- Fixed a lot of reported crashes. Thanks to everyone choosing to report -- if I don't know about it, I can't fix it!
- Removed scary permission.
- And a lot more! See http://mmremote.net/History