MediaOCU is the official app for the student newspaper of Oklahoma City University. It is a location-based mobile app platform that delivers to students late-breaking campus news and real-time deals from local merchants.
Using GPS technology, your campus’ latest news is alongside short-term, spontaneous deals in and around your campus community. You can know instantly about real-time deals and local specials on everything from food and drinks to concerts and yoga.
The deals require no advance purchase, have nothing to print, and can be shared easily with your friends. Your phone is your coupon, so you can choose to take advantage or not!
- Sort news by categories and search for keywords
- Sort deals by either distance from your location or time left on the deal.
- Search deals using keywords, or filter deals based on selectable categories like Eats, Drinks, On Campus, Body/Beauty, etc.
- Adjust the radius to display deals within 1 mile up to 100 miles
We are excited to roll out this MAJOR update that includes:
- introduction of our unique 'tile board' design
- news section slider bar
- social media share tools
- Submit News to Us feature
- controllable Push Notification settings for News and Offers
- live or fixed location settings
- on screen tips for the new version
Use the Feedback feature in the More section to tell us what you think!