Meditation Assistant is the best meditation timer for Android. Its features (e.g., automatically setting your device to vibrate/silent while you meditate) and customization (e.g., choosing any file on your device as the start/finish/interval sound for your session) make it the ideal assistant to your meditation practice.
This application will help your practice by giving you an easy to read overview of your progress (see screenshots), as well as display your meditation streak. Your streak is calculated based on the number of consecutive days you have recorded at least one session. As your streak grows, "not breaking the chain" becomes quite important. Soon you will be meditating once a day, even if it's five or ten minutes out of your schedule.
A major feature in this application is the ability to share your sessions online. Though entirely optional, sharing your progress online adds another dimension to your accountability. Now that you've gone public, as your streak increases more users will see it as a goal of their own. One user has posted ONE YEAR! of consecutive days of meditation. Could you achieve the same?
Going online is not necessary to gain incredible benefits from Meditation Assistant. Save your sessions locally to your device, and you will not be penalized or harassed in any way. The online community is there if and when you choose to use it.
If you're still wondering whether this is the right application for you, read over the reviews. It was designed with two concepts in mind, simplicity and functionality. Once you've recorded your first session, you will understand why users stay with Meditation Assistant.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Feedback is welcome. Several features now implemented were originally ideas posed by users. Email the developer: [email protected]
Translate Meditation Assistant into your language. Visit http://www.getlocalization.com/meditationassistant/
Paid application benefits:
- Ad free
- Meditation streak widget
- More paid-only features are planned.
- Automatically put your device into vibrate or silent mode while meditating
- Choose from several included meditation sounds, or use a sound file of your own
- Play an interval sound at a duration of your choice
- Pause your session and come back to it when you're ready
- Automatically put your device into airplane mode while meditating (pre-Android 4.0 only)
- Post meditation sessions online to MediNET, and visit the MediNET meditation forum
- Choose any Holo theme for the application: light, light with dark action bar, or dark
- Many more features are included, and new features are added with each version
- Fix crash on older devices
- Allow hiding of MediNET/Progress/Community buttons
- Allow session introduction text to be modified
- Add session volume setting
- Fix crash on non-English devices
- Source code has been publicly released at https://github.com/tslocum/MeditationAssistant
- Upgraded Google Play Services library to 8.1.0