If you are looking for a meditation app that is more than just a replacement of a CD player or book please try this one. Imagine you could modify an existing or compose your own meditations to suit your particular need. Imagine you can play them back at your own pace and depth.
A number of pre-created meditations are included in the app. These are:
- Mindfulness of breathing, thinking, emotions, body scan, loving-kindness, acceptance, compassion, awareness, Thich Nhat Hanh tradition, gratitude.
- Prayer, contemplative, centering, Bible quotes, Buddha wisdom, psalms, Imitations of Christ, lectio divina.
- Inspirational quotes by Einstein, Confucius, Dalai Lama, Siegel, Tolle, Ghandi, Maister Eckhart, Rumi, Seneca, saints, Frankl.
- EMDR, memory reconsolidation, internal family system, focusing, hakomi, acceptance and commitment therapy, hardwiring happiness.
- Inner child work, PTSD, trauma healing, being safe, twelve steps.
- Progressive relaxation, imagery, visualization, affirmations, breathing to relax and sleep.
The user can reuse/modify the existing or create new meditations out of the clips (lyrics) available. The app uses only spoken voice (no music) for guidance.
Background: Many meditators use some form of audio aid (e.g. guided meditation), whether its source is a CD, the internet or a person/facilitator. Guidance, if delivered well, can greatly enhance meditation through teaching and assisting the meditator to stay focused.
The main disadvantage of most such audio aids is that they are fixed or hard to modify to suit a particular personal need. Whatever the author of a meditation decided to include or exclude is reflected in the recording. As the meditator advances in their practice, there comes a desire to expand from the audio aids previously used.
For example, most CD or mp3 recordings begin with an introduction which is interesting and useful to hear the first few times around. However, it then becomes a hindrance- unless one wishes to practice mediating on impatience.
Given these limitations, a new approach in delivery of guided meditation is proposed in two parts: Creating and Playing.
Key Advantages in Creating:
1. A meditation is subdivided into a series of separate audio clips (lyrics).
2. Audio clips can be rearranged, deleted, added and/or duplicated.
3. A new meditation can be created from the existing clips already available in the application
Key Advantages in Playing:
1. Pace of meditation can be adjusted with silence between clips.
2. Depth of meditation can be adjusted with repetition of clips.
Potential health benefits:
Improved concentration, insight, sleep, relaxation, happiness, peace, calm, self-acceptance, self-love.
Less worry, anger, irritation, anxiety, depression. More peace, calm, love, safety.
App size is considerable due to over 1300 mp3 audio clips that come with it.
Version 3.1.5 (Nov 26, 2014)
*Added more meditations.
*Improved few meditations - describing own experience as opposed to instruction.
*Highlighting current album, meditation, clip (for versions 4.x).
*Paste after clip (rather than before).
*Fixed crash for a phone with low memory condition.
*Fixed validation entry in Player Controls dialog