If you are looking for a meditation app that is more that just a replacement of a CD player or a book please try this one. Imagine you could modify an existing or compose your own meditations to suit your particular need. Imagine you can play them back at your own pace and depth.
A number of pre-created meditations is included in the app. These are:
- Mindfulness of breathing, thinking, emotions, body scan, loving-kindness, acceptance, compassion, awareness, Thich Nhat Hanh, progressive relaxation, gratitude.
- Prayer, contemplative, centering, Bible quotes, Buddha wisom, psalms, Immitations of Christ.
- Inspirational quotes by Einstein, Confucius, Dalai Lama, Siegel, Tolle, Ghandi, Maister Eckhart, Rumi, Seneca, saints, Frankl.
- EMDR, coherence therapy, memory reconsolidation, internal family system, focusing, hakomi
- Inner child work, PTSD, trauma healing, being safe, twelve steps.
- Progressive relaxation, imagery, visualization.
The user is encouraged to reuse the existing or create new meditations out of the clips (lyrics) available. The app uses only spoken voice (no music) for guidance.
Background: Many meditators use some form of audio aid (e.g. guided meditation), whether its source is a CD, the internet or a person/facilitator. Guidance, if delivered well, can greatly enhance meditation through teaching and assisting the meditator to stay focused.
The main disadvantage of most such audio aids is that they are fixed or hard to modify to suit a particular personal need. Whatever the author of a meditation decided to include or exclude is reflected in the recording. As the meditator advances in their practice, there comes a desire to expand from the audio aids previously used.
For example, most CD or mp3 recordings begin with an introduction which is interesting and useful to hear the first few times around. However, it then becomes a hindrance- unless one wishes to practice mediating on impatience.
Given these limitations, a new approach in delivery of guided meditation is proposed in two parts: Creating and Playing.
Key Advantages in Creating:
1. A meditation is subdivided into a series of separate audio clips (lyrics).
2. Audio clips can be rearranged, deleted, added and/or duplicated.
3. A new meditation can be created from the existing clips already available in the application
Key Advantages in Playing:
1. Pace of meditation can be adjusted with silence between clips.
2. Depth of meditation can be adjusted with repetition of clips.
Potential health benefits:
Improved concentration, insight, sleep, relaxation, happiness, peace, calm, self-acceptance, self-love.
Less worry, anger, irritation, anxiety, depression.
App size is considerable due to over 1200 mp3 files that come with it.
Version 2.3.0 (May 23, 14)
1. Added several new and updated meditations.
2. Fixed defect when playing meditation in low memory condition.