A funny interactive family storybook for learning to read.
Do you think learning can be funny? Would you like to laugh while you learn English? Meet our award-winning friend Heckerty — a 409 year old green-faced witch, hilarious and with a heart of gold.
An Editor’s Choice by Children’s Technology Review, a Mashable Kids Pick, a Shorty Award best app finalist and proclaimed a “must have” by The Unofficial Apple Weblog, “Meet Heckerty” delivers. The superb narration and interactive animations are ideal for children 3-8 years old, as well as anyone learning English.
Kind and gentle, Heckerty learns every day from her own silly mistakes. And as kids laugh their way through her zany adventures and their magical interactive animations, they discover important life values — caring, inclusivity, loyalty and integrity.
Everyone loves Heckerty and as you watch your child improve their reading and vocabulary while laughing with Heckerty, you will too!
So download “Meet Heckerty” now and discover just how magical a child’s story can be!
FEATURES OF MEET HECKERTY:
• Editor's Choice, Mashable Kids Pick and named a “must have” by TUAW. Rated 5 stars by users & reviewers & a Shorty Award 2013 finalist for best app.
• Superb narration by award-winning UK and international broadcaster; created by one of England’s most acclaimed storytellers, all in beautiful gentle English storytelling style.
• Ideal for kids and adults to improve English reading & vocabulary — to be read out loud or as a bedtime story. Perfect for ESL (English as a second language) and children on the autism spectrum.
• Rich, entertaining interactive animations and graphics. Kids enjoy the storytelling, learning words and spelling as they play, and discovering values like diversity, inclusivity and caring at the same time.
• Designed for children alone or with an adult (choose between the "Read to me" and "Read by myself" options).
Meet Heckerty is the first storybook in a series. Heckerty’s endless, funny mistakes with her magic, the adventures of her loyal cat Zanzibar, along with her fellow witches and wizards make marvelous stories for adults and children.
Created by Ezra & Ann Rachlin (one of England’s most famous storytellers), thousands of kids met and loved this funny, green-faced little witch. Adults around the world have improved their English with Ann’s many storybooks and records.
Now Jan Ziff’s extraordinary storyteller performance brings Heckerty to life in the great British storytelling tradition of Winnie the Pooh, Beatrix Potter, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan an Harry Potter. This superb narration and creative animations in traditional style make Heckerty ideal for entertaining bored children, bedtime stories, and helping kids discover the joy of reading.
Heckerty is also an educational storytelling tool that improves English reading in children and adults. SLPs and other specialists have seen a response in children with autism and other special needs. Meet Heckerty is a rewarding experience that all ages will enjoy repeatedly on their smartphones and tablets.
Autism Speaks lists Heckerty on their website; the app is also being used for ESL (English as a second language), by Speech Language Pathologists (SLP) for ADHD, dyslexia and autism. The many five-star reviews around the web show the magic of this green-faced witch’s story for young and old alike.
Meet Heckerty runs on Android Phones and Tablets running ARM7 processors or later, including Amazon’s Kindle Fire.
The first in a series of Interactive children’s storytelling books — in an updated version:
• Complete app rewrite improves performance & stability with many new features. In Purchases added.
• 3-Minute Tour and Parent/Teacher Guide for new users.
• Innovative coloring book - save & share images with friends and family under parental supervision. More games in the future.
• Language Helper - for French, German, Spanish, & Chinese. More major languages in future updates.
• COPPA support.