Always have the current Melbourne temperature available instantly on your Home Screen with this widget. It doesn't try to do too much, it just makes sure the temperature is there and up to date.
- only takes up one cell on the home screen (equivalent to one application shortcut) to conserve space
- temperature updated every 10 minutes to ensure it is current
- conserves battery power by only updating when screen is active (does not wake up phone)
- updates within 30 seconds of phone waking from sleep or regaining mobile data coverage.
- select from Melbourne CBD or one of the available suburbs
- update suburb preference at any time by clicking on the widget
NOTE: Ensure that you regularly check the data usage on your device if you are concerned that use of this widget may impact on your monthly data allowance.
Temperature data copyright to the Bureau of Meteorology, Australia and presented with their permission.
- Android widgets must be installed to the phone memory and not to the SD card.
- Once the applications first opens, choose your suburb or leave it at the default. Return to the home screen and add the widget.
- Sometimes there is a delay before widgets appear in the phone's Widget List. If the widget doesn't appear in the Widget List then a restart of the phone will usually resolve this.
Added an extra check that the Screen is specifically ON rather than just when the phone is awake. This overcomes the scenario where the phone is not asleep even though the screen is off (due to another application keeping the phone awake). This prevents unnecessary updates and associated data usage.