mElderly is an Android Application that turns your existing Android smartphone into an elderly friendly smartphone so that it can enable the elderly to lead healthy, active and independent lives and allows their loved ones to remote monitoring themselves while they are on the move.
The application will allow the elderly to use the smartphone at ease and lead a active, independent lives by the following features:
1. Elderly Friendly User Interfaces for basis features like making/receiving Phone Calls, Sending/Receiving SMS, Camera, etc.
2. Restricted access to other unnecessary functionalities like Setting Pages, etc, to avoid confusing the elderly.
3. Providing a Medication Reminder function to notify their medication schedule.
This allows the caregiver of the elderly to monitor the elderly via SMS for example SMS alert will be sent to the caregiver if the elderly has failed to eat his/her medication.
4. Providing a Mrt Destination Alert that notify them when they have reached their destination. Currently this function is still in beta mode as there is issue with underground station accuracy. It works well for all open ground stations.
5. Check elderly location via SMS.
The caregiver can also check the elderly location via SMS. Simply by texting to elderly with the line "mElderly, GetLocation", the application will retrieve and forward the location back to caregiver via SMS.
6. Emergency Button
Long Press to activate SMS to preset mobile numbers (of caretakers) for help in case of emergency
We welcome all feedback.....pls contact us at [email protected]