MeloDroid let's you sync your iTunes music and playlists to your Android device over both wireless and USB, and use it as a wireless remote control for iTunes. MeloDroid can also automatically pause iTunes when you receive a call, and resume when the call ends.
The MeloDroid app requires a Windows application to run (which you can download for free at http://melodroid.com ), just like many other apps that sync Android and iTunes. However, MeloDroid is packed with features that sets it apart from the rest. The MeloDroid Windows application includes (but is not limited to) the following features:
- Convert your iTunes music to MP3's
- Restore playlists you accidentally deleted in iTunes
- Find and remove broken tracks in iTunes
- Display iTunes song notifications
Unlike DoubleTwist, you do not need to install a separate media player. With its minimalist interface, MeloDroid works with iTunes and runs alongside it, making your overall experience with iTunes much better. It's the perfect iTunes add-on.
Full feature list and screenshots of the Windows application at: http://melodroid.com
Note: Please report any issues at melodroid.com. You should receive a response within 24 hours.
INTERNET - For communication with the Windows application.
READ_PHONE_STATE - To pause iTunes when you receive a call, and resume when the call ends.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - MeloDroid will check if WiFi is turned on, since it is required for MeloDroid to function.
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - If WiFi isn't enabled, MeloDroid will ask your permission to turn it on.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - This allows MeloDroid to sync with iTunes over wireless; this permission allows MeloDroid to write music to your SD card.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - MeloDroid must read the music from your SD card to delete old songs during QuickSync.
GET_ACCOUNTS - This is ONLY used to grab your email address so that mobile devices are identifiable when connecting to MeloDroid on the PC.
BILLING - This is simply for buying the full version.
- removed ads
- fixed common reconnecting problem
- allowed scrolling in the QuickSync view to accommodate smaller screen sizes
- fixed reported crashes on splash screen
- added "Set iTunes Volume" menu item
- error when storage disconnected
- fixed QuickSync errors and characters not displaying correctly
- added advertisements
- fixed reconnecting problem
- fixed reported crashes
- fixed nag screen after full version purchase
- UI changes